Becoming a Substitute
Individuals interested in working as a substitute for SPS should apply through Penmac Education Staffing. Learn how to apply here.
Contact Penmac's Education Coordinators at 417-986-7400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Reporting an Absence/Requesting a Substitute
Springfield Public Schools employees should report absences using Frontline Education Absence Management System. Below are links to information for current employees about reporting absences and requesting substitutes when needed.
- Creating your account in Frontline
- Employee Basic Training-Video (You must log into Frontline to access this video)
- Employee User QuickStart Guide
- Employee Frequently Asked Questions
- Current Employee subbing for teacher or administrator (not applicable to the SPS Building Para/Substitute)
- Zone Coordinators
Mandatory Substitute Training for 2019-2020 School Year
Each year, all substitutes are required to attend a mandatory training before they may begin substituting for SPS. This training consists of information required by state and federal law, SPS, and Penmac. Learn more including how to register here.
If you have questions, want to learn more about a certain feature, or need more information about a specific topic, after logging in to Frontline, click Help Resources and select Frontline Support to go to the Absence Management Learning Center to search a knowledge base of help and training materials.