A free preschool program that prepares your child for kindergarten. This program emphasizes language development, literacy, math, and social interaction.
1. Call the Office of School Readiness located at Shady Dell Early Childhood Center to schedule a preschool screening at (417) 523-1333.
2. Go online and complete the Early Childhood Interest Form. Click EARLY CHILDHOOD INTEREST FORM to complete the form.
3. Bring your child's immunization record, birth certificate, and proof of residency with you to the screening appointment.
4. During the screening appointment, you will complete registration paperwork.
If your child qualifies for placement, you will receive an email with further instructions. If your child does not qualify, you will also receive an email.
This program is available to children living in the Springfield Public Schools attendance area who will be four years-old before August 1. There are two ways for a child to qualify; either by developmental screening score or by qualifying for free and reduced meals.
- School supplies are provided.
- Transportation is generally not provided.