A free preschool program that prepares your child for kindergarten. This program emphasizes language development, literacy, math, and social interaction.
Enrollment Process for Wonder Years
Your child must be four years old and reside in the Springfield Public Schools district.
1. Call the screening department at Shady Dell Early Childhood Center to schedule a preschool screening at (417)523-1333.
2. Go online and complete the Early Childhood Interest Form. Click EARLY CHILDHOOD INTEREST FORM to complete the form.
3. Complete the Springfield Public School Online Enrollment Form. SPS ONLINE ENROLLMENT
4. Bring your child's immunization record, birth certificate, and proof of residency with you to the screening appointment.
5. During the screening appointment, you will complete registration paperwork.
6. Complete the Household Income Survey. Household Income Survey
If your child qualifies for placement, you will receive an email with further instructions.
If you child does not qualify, you will also receive an email.
This program is available to children living in the Springfield Public Schools attendance area who will be four years-old before August 1.
- School supplies are provided.
- Transportation is generally not provided.