Parents as Teachers
A free, voluntary program that serves families with children from prenatal to kindergarten entry. Based on home visits and screenings, the number of visits offered varies family to family. Every child is offered a developmental screening once per year. All Parent Educators are SPS employees and have had extensive background checks. Group connections and access to a resource network are other benefits of participating in the program.
If you would like to enroll in the Parents As Teachers program, please click on the link
Would you like to learn more about life-changing skills for parents? Skills for decreasing problem behaviors, power struggles and aggression, increase resilience, emotional health and achievement. Conscious Discipline meets families where they are and empowers them to experience success.
Location: Campbell Early Childhood Center (506 S. Grant)
5:30 PM dinner and session from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. Must pre-register (417-887-3545, ext. 210). Limited child care availability.
Click link to see full flier for details, dates, and information.
Conscious Parenting Information (canceled dates until further notice)
Following the guidelines from Springfield Public Schools, all screenings, home visits and events will be canceled until April 3.
Learn, Play and Grow with Springfield Parents As Teachers!
Check out our Facebook page!
- Deana Belote
- Whitney Bryant
- Laura Butler
- Rachel Christensen
- Stacy Coiner
- Amanda Coleman
- Melissa Corporon
- Cheryl Covey-Huffman
- Lisa Cozby
- Caitlin Culleny
- Kristi Delp
- Angel Eakins
- Danielle Edwards
- Caitlyn Hill
- Jenny Hill
- Robin Hopkins
- Lacey Hufford
- Mallori Hunt
- Marti Isbell
- Lindsey Johnson
Please join in the fun at our SPS Parents As Teachers community events! FREE!
Find our fun moments on our Facebook page:
Click on the link to find out more information!
ALL PAT GROUP EVENTS, HOME VISITS AND SCREENINGS WILL BE CANCELED UNTIL APRIL 3.
Playgroup is open birth to 5 years old!
Playgroup has added a new day and location!
Kprep and Story Time are great fun too!
Musical Story Time (CANCELED)
March 26th @ 11AM at the Library Center
April 23rd at 11 AM at the Library Station
Kprep is for children who will attend kindergarten in the fall of 2020.
Story Time is open to birth to PreK.
Yoga! Join in this great activity!
EVENTS ARE CANCELED UNTIL APRIL 3.
Watch for more exciting events with Parents As Teachers!
Enrollment Process for Wonder Years
Your child must be four years old and reside in the Springfield Public Schools district.
1. Call the screening department at Shady Dell Early Childhood Center to schedule a preschool screening at (417)523-1333.
2. Go online and complete the Early Childhood Interest Form. Click EARLY CHILDHOOD INTEREST FORM to complete the form.
3. Complete the Springfield Public School Online Enrollment Form. SPS ONLINE ENROLLMENT
4. Bring your child's immunization record, birth certificate, and proof of residency with you to the screening appointment.
5. During the screening appointment, you will complete registration paperwork.
6. Complete the Household Income Survey. Household Income Survey
If your child qualifies for placement, you will receive an email with further instructions.
If you child does not qualify, you will also receive an email.
Get ready for kindergarten 2020-2021
Kindergarten age eligible is 5 years of age BEFORE August 1 of school year.
You can apply for a transfer to another school site.
Your child must register at the home district school.
To register at your child's school, please bring in the following items:
- Child's birth certificate
- Social Security card (optional)
- Updated immunization record
- Proof of residence (monthly mail addressed with parent name and current address)
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody paperwork or proof of guardianship (if applicable)
Don't forget to schedule a kindergarten screening!
Dial 4 screenings can be scheduled:
- Through your Parents As Teachers educator (PAT program)
- Screening Department 417-523-1333 to schedule appointment
- Registration event (if available)
- ALL students who attend Wonder Years, Early Childhood Special Education, or Headstart will get a screening at site location.
- Mass screening dates at Early Childhood Centers (no appointment needed)
- Shady Dell ECC, March 13 (8:30am to 3pm) 2757 E. Division
- April 10 (TBA)
Shady Dell Early Childhood Center, 2757 E. Division, Springfield MO 65803 (Screening Location)
Screening: (417) 523-1333
Campbell Early Childhood Center, 506 S. Grant, Springfield MO 65806 (Main Office)
Phone: (417) 523-1160
Fax: (417) 523-1395