Our newest magnet school, the AgAcademy, is housed in an innovative space for 100 fourth- and fifth-graders to learn in during the 2022-2023 school year.The lottery to attend the AgAcademy is Nov. 1-Dec. 3, and students selected will be invited to explore agriculture and its rooted concepts during an extended AgAcademy experience in Spring 2022.The new, innovative facility will feature classroom spaces, a greenhouse, a garden and a demonstration kitchen. When fully launched in 2023-2024, the AgAcademy will be able to serve up to 150 students in grades 4-6.If selected, students can choose to attend the AgAcademy for three years: grades 4-6.
- 2022-2023 School year: Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) fourth- and fifth-graders or any non-SPS fourth- and fifth-graders who live within the SPS attendance area are eligible to apply.
- 2023-2024 School year: Any SPS students in grades 4-6 or any non-SPS students in grades 4-6 who live within the SPS attendance area are eligible to apply.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Transportation may be provided depending on driver shortage.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.