WOLF is an innovative learning opportunity for 46 fifth-grade students with a special interest in nature and the outdoors. WOLF offers an inquiry-based learning experience which allows students to explore a comprehensive curriculum through the context of environmental sciences and conservation. WOLF is a partnership with the Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Bass Pro Shops. WOLF classrooms are located in the John A. & Genny Morris Conservation Education Center at 600 W. Sunshine. Students spend a substantial amount of time out of the classroom exploring the great outdoors through field experiences. The WOLF school day is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Important Dates for 2022-2023 Program
- Lottery application window is closed.
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) fourth-grade student, or any non-SPS fourth-grade students who lives within the SPS attendance area.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Families of selected students are responsible for transporting their child to and from school each day.
- Applications are accepted November of each year for the next school year.