Session 1: June 7-30
Session 2: July 7-30
COVID-19 Protocols for Explore
SPS remains committed to protecting the wellness of students and staff. Data indicates that current protocols are working to limit exposure to COVID-19 in the learning environment. During Explore, SPS will continue to maintain appropriate physical distancing, require face coverings, encourage frequent hand washing and implement thorough cleaning procedures of all schools. In consultation with Springfield-Greene County Health Department, SPS will continue to monitor conditions and make any modifications deemed necessary during Explore.
- Online registration is going on now.
- June and July sessions: Elementary and middle school students can choose virtual or seated classes. High school is virtual only.
- Explore hours:
- Seated elementary hours are 8:50 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. (except for Pershing which will follow middle school hours).
- Seated middle school hours are 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- No determination has been made on how many days a week in-person classes will meet due to COVID-19. That decision may not be made until May 2021.
- Classes that include field trips as part of the course may be altered to exclude field trips due to COVID-19.
- Attendance Boundary Map
- For eligible students to receive bus transportation on the first day of seated classes, you must register by April 15 for Session 1 and by May 15 for Session 2. If you are planning to ride the bus please be aware of these safety procedures that will help ensure the health and well being of all bus riders.
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered daily at each Explore site. All students at every site will be able to eat free during June and July.
- Grab and Go meals will be provided, at select sites, to students learning virtual during the month of June. Sites will be announced later.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
Non-SPS Students Enrolling in Explore
Non-SPS students wanting to register for Explore must first complete the online application for enrollment to receive a student ID. Please follow special instructions here. Once completed, the student's immunization record and health inventory form should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 523-1695. Non-SPS students can begin the online application enrollment process Feb. 1, 2021.