Records Department

  • Student Records The records department maintains the permanent student records for Springfield Public Schools.  Upon written request by the former student (if over the age of 18) or by the legal guardian (if the student is under the age of 18), the department can provide a copy of a high school transcript, verify a graduation date from high school, elementary transcript and/or provide a copy of an elementary registration card or immunization records.

    Student education records are official and confidential documents protected by one of the nation's strongest privacy protection laws, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). FERPA, also known as the Buckley Amendment, defines education records as all records that schools or education agencies maintain about students. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. 


Transferring to Another District

  • When a student transfers from SPS to another district, that student's record will be sent to their new district upon receiving a request for the record from the new school district.  To expedite the process, please request that the new school district provides a district email address that we can send the records to.

    Notification of intent to withdraw from SPS should be made at the student's current SPS school.


  • Transcript Transcripts fall into two categories. They can be either official or unofficial. An official transcript will have an official seal stamped on it and must be in a sealed envelope if it is to be given to an educational system. An unofficial transcript does not have a seal and can not be honored by an educational system. 

    Who has a legal right to a transcript?

    If another educational system requests a former student's transcript in writing, we can fulfill that request without authorization of the student. If the student is under the age of 18, his or her parent/guardian can request a copy of transcripts with proper ID. If the former student is 18 or older, only the former student with a picture ID or educational system mentioned earlier can request a copy. By state law we have 5 business days to send records to the requesting entity.

    How do I request a transcript?

    If you graduated from Springfield Public Schools or withdrew more than a year ago, request the transcript from the records department by completing the transcript request form. If you are currently an active student in the SPS district or graduated less than a year ago, request records from the last school attended by completing the form in the back of the student handbook.  A photo ID, date of birth, school last attended and name used when enrolled/graduated must be provided.


  • 1610 E. Sunshine

    Springfield, MO  65804

    Ph:  (417) 523-0210

    Fax:  (417) 523-7595