Academy of Fine and Performing Arts
Academy of Fine and Performing Arts is a unique learning environment for students to explore the world around them through the lenses of fine arts and performing arts. The curriculum will include an arts integrated approach to 5th grade standards with exposure to a variety of fine and performing arts disciplines. Program is housed at The Judith Enyeart Reynolds School of the Performing Arts for Springfield Little Theatre.
Students applying should be creative and interested in drama, theater, dance, vocal, and visual arts.
AFPA in Action
Should you apply for the Academy of Fine and Performing Arts?
- Do you enjoy drawing or sketching?
- Do you enjoy dancing, singing, or acting?
- Are you a creative thinker?
- Do you ask questions to better understand someone's perspective?
- Do you appreciate art?
- Are you interested in exploring various visual or performing arts?
- Do you express yourself through journaling or poetry?
If you selected the majority of these, then you might be a great fit.
Application window for the 2024-2025 school year has closed.
- Any 4th-grade SPS student or any non-SPS student who lives within the SPS attendance area are eligible to apply for their 5th-grade year.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.