Health Sciences Academy
The Health Sciences Academy is a unique learning opportunity housed within Mercy Hospital Springfield for 50 of Springfield Public Schools’ eighth-grade students. Students spend their year at Mercy in specially-designed, state-of-the-art-classroom facilities, using health care as the lens for problem-based learning. Students explore different careers, learn from professionals in the medical field, and implement projects to impact the health of our community. Their school day starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m.
Parent Information Night
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Hammons Heart Institute (auditorium)
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) seventh-grade student, or any non-SPS seventh-grade student who lives within the SPS attendance area.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Families of selected students are responsible for transporting their child to and from school each day.
- Applications are accepted during November each year.