The development of future SPS Choice programs will take into consideration the following general areas:
- Current and future stakeholder support for the proposed program.
- Accountability measurements that align with the district’s strategic plan and mission, as well as reflect the uniqueness of the proposed program.
- Facility to house proposed program (if applicable).
- Consideration of overall existing and future SPS Choice programs.
- Proposed programs have an established plan to address indicators found within the evaluation rubric.
- If you are interested in partnering with Springfield Public Schools Choice Programs, please click here to learn more.
Quality assurance for current and future choice options is a district focus.
- All SPS Choice Programs are subject to a quality assurance endorsement process.
- The endorsement process includes an evaluation which takes programs through a self-reflection, on-site evaluation, and a post-evaluation feedback process.
- Programs are evaluated utilizing a rubric containing specific indicators which fall under the categories of: program design, academic success, and community connections.
- To learn more about the endorsement evaluation process and to see program results, click here.