Our newest magnet school, the AgAcademy, will finish construction in spring 2022. The program will be housed in an innovative learning space for 100 fourth- and fifth-graders to spend the 2022-2023 school year.The lottery to attend the AgAcademy is Nov. 1-Dec. 3, and students selected will be invited to explore agriculture and its rooted concepts during an extended AgAcademy experience in Spring 2022.The new, innovative facility will feature classroom spaces, greenhouse, garden and demonstration kitchen. When fully launched in 2023-2024, the AgAcademy will be able to serve up to 150 students in grades 4-6.If selected, students can choose to attend the AgAcademy for three years: grades 4-6.
- 2022-2023 School year: Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) fourth- and fifth-graders or any non-SPS fourth- and fifth-graders who live within the SPS attendance area are eligible to apply.
- 2023-2024 School year: Any SPS students in grades 4-6 or any non-SPS students in grades 4-6 who live within the SPS attendance area are eligible to apply.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Transportation may be provided depending on driver shortage.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.