SPS Choice Programs have focused themes and aligned curriculum that provides students access to unique learning opportunities driven by their passion, inquiry, and community connections. SPS Choice is choice within the public school setting. Applications for most choice programs are typically accepted during November for the next school year.
Important Dates for 2021-2022 Magnet Programs
- Nov. 10, 2020 - Eighth Grade Magnet Program Virtual Parent Information Nights (additional details below)
- Jan. 18, 2021 - Application Window Opens
- Feb. 15, 2021 - Application Window Closes at 4:30 p.m.
- Mar. 12, 2021 - Family Notification
- Mar. 26, 2021 - Student Acceptance Deadline
In an effort to respect our second semester re-entry needs, we are postponing the lottery application window until after the new year.
Virtual Parent Information Nights
To learn more about our eighth grade magnet school opportunity, please participate in our virtual information night presentation on November 10, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
To participate, simply click on the zoom link below to join in the presentation.
Health Sciences Academy
Meeting ID: 989 7836 3052
NOTE: Families unable to participate in the virtual information night can watch a recording of the presentation. The presentation will be made available at www.sps.org/choice within 24 hours of the presentation.
Quality assurance for current and future choice options is a district focus.
- All SPS Choice Programs are subject to a quality assurance endorsement process.
- The endorsement process includes an evaluation which takes programs through a self-reflection, on-site evaluation, and a post-evaluation feedback process.
- Programs are evaluated utilizing a rubric containing specific indicators which fall under the categories of: program design, academic success, and community connections.
- To learn more about the endorsement evaluation process and to see program results, click here.
The development of future SPS Choice programs will take into consideration the following general areas:
- Current and future stakeholder support for the proposed program.
- Accountability measurements that align with the district’s strategic plan and mission, as well as reflect the uniqueness of the proposed program.
- Facility to house proposed program (if applicable).
- Consideration of overall existing and future SPS Choice programs.
- Proposed programs have an established plan to address indicators found within the evaluation rubric.
- If you are interested in partnering with Springfield Public Schools Choice Programs, please click here to learn more.
Apply Jan. 18 - Feb. 15
Coordinator of Choice Programs & Student Experiences