Secure Entrances - Progress as Promised
On April 2, 2019 voters approved adding secure entrances to 31 sites. Secure entrances mean entry into the building includes access control points that are layered into the path of entry, supplemented with a series of intercom, cameras, and electronic locking controls. Office staff will be positioned to allow for unobstructed surveillance of lobby doors and other spaces. The estimated cost is $7.8 million.
News and Information
Board approves secure entrance bid packages 2 and 3
June 4, 2019
- Architect: Dake Wells
- Sites: Pleasant View, Reed, Jarrett, Pipkin Phelps, Pershing, Carver, and Wilson's Creek
- Contractor: Dewitt & Associates, Inc.
- Estimated Cost: $1.5 million
- Architect: Paragon/Sapp
- Entrances: Bingham, Bissett, Robberson, Rountree, York, and former Sherwood
- Contractor: R.E. Smith
- Estimated Cost: $1.2 million
Construction contracts for secure entrances at Parkview, Central and Study
May 21, 2019
The Board of Education approved the construction contacts for package 1 of secure entrances.
- Architect: Buxton Kubik Dodd
- Entrances: Parkview (2), Central (2), and Study
- Contractor: Nesbitt Construction Inc.
- Low Bid Received: $363,000
- Estimated Cost: $554, 886
Bid Release Timeline
April 12: Parkview (2), Central (2), Study
April 22: Pershing, Carver, Wilson's Creek, Phelps, Jarrett, Pipkin, Pleasant View and Reed
May 2: Bingham, Bissett, Robberson, Rountree, York, former Sherwood
May 13: Pittman, Disney, Holland, Mann, McBride
May 23: McGregor, Shady Dell, Truman, Watkins, Wilder
June 3: Weller, Cowden, Field, Twain