Focus Area 2 - Empowered and Effective Teachers, Leaders and Support Personnel
Create a culture that empowers employees and provides each student access to a qualified and effective teacher in every classroom, an effective principal in every school and an effective employee in every position.
- 2.1.1 Sustain and refine supports for new teachers, leaders and staff to ensure early career and ongoing success, including an understanding of culture, climate and professional expectations supported through monitoring of professional growth and practice.
- 2.1.2 Utilize enhanced and effective recruitment strategies along with partnerships with local universities to maximize access to, interest in, and preparation for working with SPS in support, teaching and leadership positions.
- 2.1.3 Recruit, hire, develop, support and retain an effective, qualified and diverse workforce of teachers, staff and leaders to better meet the needs of students.
- 2.1.4 Ensure that all employees receive regular feedback to improve performance that positively impacts students and schools.
- 2.1.5 Sustain, refine and implement appropriate job-embedded professional learning for all staff focused on creating and supporting relevant and engaging learning environments for every student through enhanced professional and technical skills of staff.
- 2.1.6 Identify staff aspiring to leadership roles, measure their potential for success and implement strategies to support their development and build leadership capacity.
- 2.1.7 Offer competitive salary and benefits packages that are tailored to the needs of employees and their families.
- 2.1.8 Ensure a highly collaborative and engaging culture focused on the success and recognition of each employee at each work location throughout the District.
Last Modified on June 24, 2019