Free & Reduced Meal Information

  • USDA Food & Nutrition Service Springfield Public Schools provides free/reduced price meals for eligible schoolchildren unable to pay the full price of meals under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast program. Each SPS family will receive information outlining family-size income criteria by mail during the summer months for the next school year. Families must apply for free and reduced meals each school year.  If a family member becomes unemployed or if family size changes after filing your application, a new application will need to be filed.

    • To complete an online free and reduced meal application, click here. The online application can be translated with Google translate.
    • Applications are available in each school office.
    • Translated Free and Reduced Price Meal Application forms can be accessed here.

     If you need a copy of your notification letter for Free and Reduced Price Meals please contact Diane @ 417-523-1130.


    Public Release - Attachment F

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: ,from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: 1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or 2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or 3. email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    updated 6/3/24