Kindergarten Registration 2023
All elementary sites will host registration during normal school hours on March 7-9. Click here to find your elementary school hours and contact information
The first day of kindergarten is an important day in a child’s life. That’s why at SPS, teachers, early childhood educators, and families partner to help students prepare for August. Each elementary school will host kindergarten registration from March 7-9 for the 2023-2024 school year.
Bring the following information with you:
1. Child's Birth Certificate or Passport
2. Child's Immunization Record
3. Proof of Residency (City Utilities bill with your name and address, lease agreement, etc.)
Students must be 5 years old before August 1 to attend kindergarten.
- Enrolling a student: Easy as 1-2-3
- Begin the enrollment process online
- Schedule kindergarten immunizations. Contact your primary physician or Jordan Valley Community Health Center to schedule immunizations. For information about scheduling immunizations if you don’t have insurance or have Medicaid, call (417) 831-0150.
- Schedule a kindergarten screening. Call (417) 523-1333 to schedule an appointment.
- Submit required documents including birth certificate, proof of residency, etc. to your child's school.
- Enroll in Explore the Summer Learning Program.
Developmental kindergarten screenings evaluate a child's emotional, social and cognitive development. In less than an hour, an early childhood educator will be able to take a snapshot of a child's behavior and academic level, with results shared with the child's parent/guardian. Developmental screenings help kindergarten teachers meet students' individual needs on the first day of school. Contact the Parents As Teachers screening department at (417) 523-1333 to schedule a free developmental screening.