The first day of kindergarten is an important day in a child’s life. That’s why at SPS, teachers, early childhood educators and families partner to help students prepare for August. Each elementary school will host a kindergarten registration.
Students must be 5 years old before August 1 to attend kindergarten.
- Enrolling a student: Easy as 1-2-3
- Begin the enrollment process online.
- Schedule kindergarten immunizations. Contact your primary physician or Jordan Valley Community Health Center to schedule immunizations. For information about scheduling immunizations if you don’t have insurance or have Medicaid, call (417) 831-0150.
- Schedule a kindergarten screening. Call 523-1333 to schedule an appointment.
- Submit required documents including birth certificate, proof of residency, etc. to your child's school.
- Enroll in Explore the Summer Learning Program.
Developmental kindergarten screenings evaluate a child's emotional, social and cognitive development. In less than an hour, an early childhood educator will be able to take a snapshot of a child's behavior and academic level, with results shared with the child's parent/guardian. Developmental screenings help kindergarten teachers meet students' individual needs on the first day of school. Contact the Parents As Teachers screening department at 523-1333 to schedule a free developmental screening.