The first day of kindergarten is an important day in a child’s life. That’s why at SPS, teachers, early childhood educators and families partner to help students prepare for August. Each school host a kindergarten registration day.
Developmental kindergarten screenings evaluate a child’s emotional, social and cognitive developmental. In less than an hour, a early childhood educator will be able to take a snapshot of a child’s behavior and academic level, with results immediately shared with the child’s parent. Developmental screenings help kindergarten teachers meet students’ individual needs on the first day of school. Contact the Early Childhood Education office at 523-1333 to schedule a free developmental screening.
Students must be 5 years old before August 1 to attend kindergarten.
- Enrolling a student: Easy as 1-2-3
- Begin the enrollment process online.
- Schedule kindergarten immunizations. Contact your primary physician or Jordan Valley Community Health Center to schedule immunizations. For information about scheduling immunizations if you don’t have insurance or have Medicaid, call (417) 831-0150.
- Schedule a kindergarten screening.
- Provide the school with required documents including social security card, birth certificate, proof of residency, etc.