Transfer Information

  • Individuals living within the SPS school district who wish to attend a SPS school other than the one they are assigned to based on their address, must request a transfer.  Transfer request are processed in the order they are received.  There are two types of transfers, transitional and immediate. Requests for transitional transfers are only accepted during a specific time frame and are only available for specific grade-levels. Immediate transfers for the current school year are accepted anytime prior to the fourth-quarter.  Immediate transfers for the next school year are available year-round.  Immediate transfer request for elementary students received April-August for the next school year may not be processed until the first week of the new school year to allow the status of class size or building capacity to be determined. Immediate transfer request for secondary students for the next school year will be processed between May 1 and the end of the current school year. 

Immediate Transfer Request

  • Immediate Transfer Parents requesting a transfer for the current year or for the beginning of the next school year should click on the Apply Online button on the left to begin the transfer process.  Immediate transfer requests for the current school year will not be accepted during the fourth-quarter.  Immediate transfers for the next school year can be submitted at any time.  If you experience trouble opening the transfer form, switching browsers may help (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.). 

    Upon completion of the form, parents will receive notification the form has been received. Parents will receive a second notification the request form has either been accepted or put on a wait list. If the request is put on a wait list, parents will receive a third notification when it is either accepted or declined.

    Parents should enroll their child in their home school until the transfer request is accepted.  When requesting an immediate transfer for a child who does not currently attend a SPS school, put six zeros into the student number location when completing the transfer form and click either "not yet shcool age" or "non-SPS student" under the Current Building section.

    Parents must keep a copy of all confirmation emails for their records and notify the school you are requesting a transfer to if your contact information changes at any point during the transfer request process.

Transitional Transfer Request

  • Transitional Transfer  A transitional transfer request is for students going from fifth-grade to sixth-grade or eighth-grade to ninth-grade  who wish to attend a site other than the one in their home residence feeder pattern. This type of transfer is part of an open enrollment process. Students approved will be considered a permanent part of the school population for sixth-grade to eighth-grade or ninth-grade to twelfth-grade, respectively, as long as the student resides in the SPS District attendance area.   

    The form to request a transitional transfer will only be available during a specific timeframe each year. The transitional form is completed electronically and will be sent directly to the transitional transfer request school principal upon clicking submit to complete the transaction. The parent will be notified when the request is received by the principal.  A second email will notify the parent of the final status of their request. If the transitional transfer is accepted, parents must respond to the school that has accepted the transfer by the deadline.

    Important reminders for Transitional Transfer Request for the 2019-2018 School Year

    • Request must be made between 7:30 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 and 4:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30, 2018.  (No late submissions will be accepted.)
    • Once notified of a transitional transfer request approval, parents must accept or decline the transfer by contacting the school before 4:30 p.m.,  Friday, Dec. 14, 2018.  If parents make multiple transfer request for multiple sites and are granted multipal approvals, parents must make a decision about which transfer they will accept and notify the schools by this date.
    • Parents should receive notification about the status of their transfer request no later than Nov. 30, 2018.



  • Patrons who do not have access to a computer can use a school computer, public computer or come to the records department at 1610 E. Sunshine St. for assistance.

    Questions should be directed to the Records Office at 523-4747. 

Last Modified on November 30, 2018