On September 22, 2020, the Board of Education approved the recommendation to utilize Decision Support Group, LLC for consultant services assisting with a workgroup for the transportation expansion for high school students to reduce the qualifying distance from 3.5 miles to 1.5 miles, and increase services for students attending magnet schools.
Expand ridership access for students in grades 9-12, and magnet program access while limiting increased financial demands on the District. The workgroup recommendation should increase riding eligibility by reducing the current barrier for high school students from 3.5 to 1.5 miles,
and increase transportation services for students attending magnet schools. Administration will provide information to the workgroup to form a recommendation that includes the following:
● Deployment of a third tier of bus pick-up and drop off times
● Recommended start and end times for each school campus or program
● Recommended grade levels to be included in each transportation tier
● Outline the projected impact on the academic program for students
● Outline the projected impact on before/after school programs,
extra-curricular, programming, etc.
● Outline the impact on students, parents, district employees, community, etc.
● Define additional capital investments (buses, parking lots, drop-off lanes, etc.)
● Outline a recommended timeline for implementation and communication