Missouri Options Program
- The Missouri Options Program is competency-based and approved by the State Board of Education.
- Graduation through the Missouri Options Program is not dependent on credit attainment.
- The Missouri Options Program was designed by the state of Missouri as an alternative for seniors who have gotten into a position of not being able to graduate with their graduating class or who are at risk of dropping out.
- The program specifically targets those students who are 17 years of age or older and are at least one year behind their cohort group or for other significant reasons identified in the local Missouri Options Program plan.
- The program utilizes a high school equivalency exam (HiSet), as content mastery for graduation purposes.
- Missouri Options students successfully passing the exam and completing all other requirements are eligible to receive a high school diploma.