Please Note: Processing of volunteer background checks
is currently taking 3-4 weeks.
- Your registration will show payment details and state you need to bring payment or a code. Springfield Public Schools Volunteers are on an invoicing system with Identogo (the fingerprinting company).
- If you are asked for payment or a code by an agent, please let them know you are a part of the Springfield Public Schools Volunteers.
Register with the Family Care Safety Registry. If you are already registered with them, you do not need to register again. We are able to review the information from your previous registration to determine your volunteer approval. If you are not currently registered, register online or with a mail-in form.
- Online Registration with the FCSR is quick and easy. All an individual needs is Internet access, their Social Security number and email address, and a valid credit or debit card for payment of the fee. The fee to register online is $14 plus a $1.25 processing fee.
- Mail a Worker Registration Form, a photocopy of the Social Security card, and a check or money order for the $14 registration fee (if applicable) to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Fee Receipts Unit, P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City, MO, 65102. Mailed forms are processed in the order received.
- Family Care Safety Registration does not expire and is good for life. Once your registry information has been reviewed, you will receive a final email indicating your approval status.