Final Recommendations Report
About the Committee
On May 15, 2018, the Board of Education approved the following scope and process for commissioning of a community task force on facilities:
- Driving Question:
- What facility improvement projects need to be completed to ensure all SPS students have access to safe and quality learning environments?
- Review information regarding the current state of SPS facilities and provide feedback and recommendations to SPS board and administration regarding high priority projects it believes the community would support in a future bond issue.
- 25-30 SPS stakeholders including parents, students, teachers, community leaders, etc. The group will include representation from all five high school attendance zones and be representative of the diverse population of the school district.
- Begin in June 2018 with charge and initial information from the district and then the committee will determine additional information they need. The committee will meet twice a month, or as requested by the committee, with a target completion date of October 15, 2018.
- Initial Information Provided by District:
- District strategic plan, facility master plan documents, current demographic projections, post-election community survey data, current project study list, and architect project study results (July/August).
- Additional Information:
- Membership will be appointed by SPS board officers and the panel will be chaired by members of the panel.
- Denise Fredrick and Tim Rosenbury will represent the Board of Education on the panel and serve as liaisons who will provide updates to the board throughout the process.
- Carol Embree and Travis Shaw will provide administrative support.
- Initial meetings have been scheduled for twice monthly on Thursdays, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the Community Foundation of the Ozarks (425 E. Trafficway) – June 14 & 28, July 12 & 26, and August 9 & 23. All meetings will be open to the public. Dates and times will be posted and minutes taken.
- Driving Question:
Bridget Dierks, Co-Chair David Hall, Co-Chair Mike Brothers Cheryl Clay Rich Dameron Mark Dixon Melanie Donnell Craig Edwards Fred Ellison Charity Elmer Jim Farrell Phyllis Ferguson Michelle Gavel Joshua Goeke Margo Griffith Josh Groves Sarah Hale Lora Hopper Gabe Isackson Marshall Kinne Tom Prater Crystal Quade Devon Rathbun Joy Robertson Tori Sallee Kennedy Shanklin Laurie Sullivan Becky Volz Ed Wilkinson Paul Williams
Last Modified on February 11, 2020