What is Canvas and how do students access it?
Canvas is our Learning Management System, which connects the digital tools teachers, students, and parents use.. You might also hear it called Dashboard or Instructure.
- The username is your student ID.
- The default passwords are:
- Password (K-2): initials+ID# (Ex: ab123456)
- Password (3-12): initials+full birthday+! (Ex: ab01012010!)
- The shortcut to Canvas is found on student Chromebooks on the bookmarks bar (SPS Programs). The address is https://springfieldpublicschools.instructure.com/login/canvas
How can parents access Canvas?
- Parents have access to Canvas using Observer Accounts.
- Parent username and passwords are the same as Home Access Center.
- If a parent needs access to their Canvas Observer Account, please contact 417-523-0417 or email@example.com
What if the device needs repair?
For students taking a seated Explore class, please see the librarian at your Explore site to turn in your device for repair.
For students NOT taking a seated Explore class, please bring your device to the General Services Center at 1458 E. Chestnut Expressway if a repair is needed. You may bring it inside to the IT department during regular business hours or use the secure dropbox outside the main entrance 24 hours a day. Please include a phone number and a description of the problem with the device. Staff will contact you when the device is ready to be picked up.
How does my student log on to a Chromebook?
- For students in grades Kindergarten through 2nd, the default password is first last initial and their student ID (lunch number).
- For students in grades 3rd-12th, the default password is first initial last initial birthday in mmddyyyy format followed by an exclamation mark. For example, jd01012000!
Are the students’ Chromebooks filtered?
All SPS Chromebooks are filtered in the same way whether at school or off-site.
Are students able to use the Chromebooks 24 hours a day?
For students preK through 5th grade, Internet access on the Chromebook is unavailable from 10PM-6AM daily. For students in 6th-12th grade, there is no such restriction.
What is Home Access and how do I access it?
Home Access is a web-based portal for parents and guardians of SPS students where you may access your student’s registration information, attendance, assignment, and grade information. Additional information on Home Access Center may be found here. To access Home Access Center, click here.
If you need technical support for your child's learning, please call the SPS Canvas Help Desk at 523-0417, Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-4:00 pm.