WOLF is an innovative learning opportunity for 46 fifth-grade students with a special interest in nature and the outdoors. WOLF offers an inquiry-based learning experience which allows students to explore a comprehensive curriculum through the context of environmental sciences and conservation. WOLF is a partnership with the Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Bass Pro Shops. WOLF classrooms are located in the John A. & Genny Morris Conservation Education Center at 600 W. Sunshine. Students spend a substantial amount of time out of the classroom exploring the great outdoors through field experiences. The WOLF school day is from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Apply Jan. 18 - Feb. 15
Important Dates for 2021-2022 Program
- Jan. 18, 2021 - Application Window Opens
- Feb. 15, 2021 - Application Window Closes at 4:30 p.m.
- Mar. 12, 2021 - Family Notification
- Mar. 26, 2021 - Student Acceptance Deadline
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) fourth-grade student, or any non-SPS fourth-grade students who lives within the SPS attendance area.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Families of selected students are responsible for transporting their child to and from school each day.
- Applications are accepted November of each year for the next school year.