Tournament of Champions kicks off at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 13
The nation’s highest-attended high school basketball tournament will kick off Thursday, Jan. 13, with the first game at 4:30 p.m. at JQH Arena. The 37th annual Bass Pro Tournament of Champions, presented by Chevy Dealers of the Ozarks, brings together some of the top teams and players from around the country for the three-day event.
Two of the schools competing in 2022 are ranked No. 11 and No. 20 in the nation by Max Preps and many of the featured players are nationally ranked.
Parkview, Nixa and Springfield Catholic high schools will represent the Springfield area. Parkview will face off at 6 p.m. Jan. 13 against Sierra Canyon, a California team featuring player LeBron “Bronny” James, Jr., who is the son of NBA player LeBron James and is ranked No. 19 by 247Sports.com.
Click here to view the complete tournament bracket and more information about the 2022 Tournament of Champions.
Springfield Public Schools and JQH Arena are working together to ensure appropriate measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 during Tournament of Champions:
- Participants are encouraged to wear masks during the event. Signage and regular announcements during each night’s activities will remind attendees to wear their masks.
- Masks have been provided to teams, and players will be encouraged to wear them except while on the court.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed throughout JQH Arena.
- High-touch areas will be disinfected more frequently than normal.
- HEPA 13 filters are installed in the facility and will be operating during the event.
- The event is in compliance with all COVID-related requirements of the City of Springfield and Greene County. For more information about COVID-19, click here.
ESPN+ will livestream the semi-final, third place and championship games, thanks to a new partnership between Springfield Public Schools and Paragon Marketing Group.
“We are thrilled that the number one attended high school basketball tournament in the country will now be showcased on ESPN+ and SportsCenter NEXT. Our field this year is outstanding and we are thrilled to bring the TOC back better than ever live on ESPN+,'' said Josh Scott, SPS Athletic Director.
Fans can subscribe to ESPN+ via ESPN.com, ESPNPlus.com and on the ESPN App.