Free meals will be available starting Sept. 8
Beginning Sept. 8, all SPS students will be eligible to receive free meals due to an extension of federal funding. To assist families, the extension has been provided to ensure children have access to nutritious meals whether they are learning virtually or in the classroom.
Breakfast and lunch will be offered at no cost to all students, regardless of their Free or Reduced Meal status, through Dec. 31, 2020 or until the program funding is depleted.
Here is important information you need to know to participate:
- Families who want to pick up grab and go meals should complete this form.
- Children ages 1 through 18 may receive free meals.
Fully Virtual Students
- Grab and go meals for 100 percent virtual students (and younger siblings not enrolled at SPS) may be picked up on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. or from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Note: Due to the Labor Day holiday, grab and go meal pick up will be on Tuesday, Sept. 8. When picking up meals, please provide student’s name and ID number to ensure your order is available. You should also let school staff know if you need meals for preschool aged children living in your household.
- Students who attend seated classes two days a week may take home grab and go meals for the 3 days they will be learning from home. Students attending school on Monday and Tuesday will take meals home at the end of the day Tuesday. Students who attend school on Thursday and Friday will take meals home at the end of the day Friday. They will pick up these meals at designated exits.
- Meals for younger siblings not enrolled at SPS are also available but should be picked up on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. or from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Note: Due to the Labor Day holiday, grab and go meal pick up will be on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Families who want grab and go meals for their child should complete this form.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Nutrition Services department at 417-523-1100.