CHS students win big at HOSA International Leadership Conference
Central High School HOSA Chapter was awarded over a dozen awards at the HOSA International Leadership Conference held in June.
The Central High School HOSA Chapter was selected to represent Missouri at Internationals with their Outstanding HOSA Achievement. At the International Conference, Central earned the International Outstanding HOSA Achievement award, one of just two chapters in the world to receive the honor in 2020.
The Central High School HOSA Chapter also earned the following chapter awards:
- HOSA Happenings Middle School Certificate of Achievement
- HOSA Happenings High School Certificate of Achievement
- HOSA Service Project Middle School Certificate of Merit
- HOSA Service Project High School Certificate of Merit
Please congratulate the following HOSA members and Central students on their individual event awards:
- Kylie Mostyn - 1st Place Job Seeking Skills
- Toheed Mahmood - 2nd Place Bioengineering
- Madison Dimmick - 1st Place Extemporaneous Poster
- Ugurcan Buyurgan - 2nd Place Nutrition
- Keren Ding - 3rd Place Extemporaneous Poster
- Emma Huffman - Top 10 Finalist Extemporaneous Poster
- Andrew An - Mastery Level Achievement Healthcare Issues
- Tori Mercado - Mastery Level Achievement Healthcare Issues
- Jenny Pham - Mastery Level Achievement Healthcare Issues
- John Georgiades - Mastery Level Achievement Healthcare Issues
“It’s just incredible what kids are capable of. I think now -- more than ever -- children need to be recognized for their resilience and ability to overcome adversity. These students worked all year long, they finished their year without the physical structure of school, and they negotiated a shift to completely virtual competitions over the summer,” said HOSA Advisor Adrienne Deckard. “All of this, and they still brought home more achievements than they ever have. We can all learn from them.”
For more information on the competitive event, visit hosa.org.