At about 12:30 Aug. 14, a fire alarm sounded at Pipkin Middle School. All students and staff were safely evacuated from the building and the Springfield Fire Department responded. The source of the smoke was determined to be a trash can fire in a bathroom.
While the Fire Department inspected the building, students were temporarily relocated to the Fusion Center nearby. Around 1 p.m., we were informed that students and staff could safely return to the building.
Everyone is safe and Pipkin will proceed with its normal schedule for the day.
Thanks to Pipkin students and staff who followed appropriate procedures, which are in place to ensure everyone’s safety. If you have any questions, please contact the school.