What's New for Explore 2023?
A wide array of classes, delivery modes and schedules will allow you to customize your child's summer learning experience.
- Seated classes are offered for K-8 students June 5-30 and July 10-21. .
- Virtual classes are offered for grades 1-12 during two, four-week sessions: June 5-30 and July 5-31
- High school students can earn up to two credits during the summer with virtual classes.
- Exciting experiences will reinforce classroom learning.
- Eligible Gifted students in grades 1-5 may choose to participate in gifted education classes offered at the Phelps Center. Information about courses and enrollment will be provided to those who qualify for gifted services.
- Artworks for grades 3-5 will be at three locations. Session I is June 5-16. Session II is June 19-30.
- A middle school Fine Arts Academy will be held at ... location coming soon!
- Principal Letters
- Online registration begins TBD.
- Deadline to register for seated classes in June is May 15.
- Deadline to register for seated classes in July is June 15
- Elementary and middle school students can choose virtual or seated classes. High school is virtual only.
- Explore hours:
- Seated elementary hours are TBD
- Seated middle school hours are TBD.
- Artworks and Phelps hours are TBD
- Attendance Boundary Map
- For eligible students to receive bus transportation on the first day of seated classes in June, you must register requesting transportation by April 15. For eligible students to receive bus transportation on the first day of seated classes in July, you must register requesting transportation by May 15.
- Elementary and K-8 school students that live more than one mile from their designated Explore site and middle school students that live more than 1.5 miles from their designated Explore site are eligible for transportation.
- Elementary School Transportation Boundary Map
- Middle School Transportation Boundary Map
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered daily at each Explore site. Under current USDA guidelines, Explore students at TBD will have to pay for meals according to their meal status. Families can continue to fill out free and reduced meal benefit applications to assist if needed. All other Explore sites will be able to offer meals at no charge for students and children 18 and under that consume meals on site.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
Non-SPS Students Enrolling in Explore
Non-SPS students wanting to register for Explore must first complete the online application for enrollment to receive a student ID. Please follow special instructions here. Once completed, the student's immunization record and health inventory form should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 523-1695. Non-SPS students can begin the online application enrollment process now.