Seated Classes for K-8 Students: June 6-July 15
Online Classes for K-12 Students: June 6-30 and July 5-29
Artworks for 3-5 Students: June 6-17 and June 20-July 1
What's New for Explore 2022?
A wide array of classes, delivery modes and schedules will allow you to customize your child's summer learning experience.
- Seated classes are offered for K-8 students June 6-July 15.
- Virtual classes are offered for grades 1-12 during two, four-week sessions: June 6-30 and July 5-29
- High school students can earn up to two credits during the summer with virtual classes.
- Exciting experiences will reinforce classroom learning.
- Gifted students in grades 1-5 may participate in seated classes June 6-30.
- Artworks for grades 3-5 is expanding to three locations. Session I is June 6-17. Session II is June 20-July 1.
- A middle school Fine Arts Academy, including dance, has been added.
- Online registration begins March 7.
- Elementary and middle school students can choose virtual or seated classes. High school is virtual only.
- Explore hours:
- Seated elementary hours are 8:20 a.m. - 3:50 p.m. (except for Hickory Hills, Pleasant View, and Westport which will follow middle school hours).
- Seated middle school hours are 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Artworks and Phelps hours are 8:20 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
- Classes that include field trips as part of the course may be altered to exclude field trips due to COVID-19.
- Attendance Boundary Map - Coming soon.
- For eligible students to receive bus transportation on the first day of seated classes, you must register by TBD. If you are planning to ride the bus please be aware of these safety procedures that will help ensure the health and well being of all bus riders.
- Elementary School Transportation Boundary Map
- Middle School Transportation Boundary Map
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered daily at each Explore site. Cost, if any, TBD.
- Grab and Go meals TBD.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
Non-SPS Students Enrolling in Explore
Non-SPS students wanting to register for Explore must first complete the online application for enrollment to receive a student ID. Please follow special instructions here. Once completed, the student's immunization record and health inventory form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 523-1695. Non-SPS students can begin the online application enrollment process beginning TBD.
COVID-19 Protocols for Explore
SPS remains committed to protecting the wellness of students and staff.
- Wearing masks at school is strongly recommended for students and staff during Explore. A federal mandate requires masks on school district transportation (school buses, chartered buses, district-owned cars, etc.).
- Students and staff exhibiting symptoms of any illness must stay home until symptoms resolve and/or they are cleared by a medical provider to return.
- COVID-positive students and staff will be excluded from school and school activities for 10 days.
- Students and staff who are identified as direct contacts of a COVID-positive individual will be notified; however, they will not be excluded from school unless they are symptomatic.
In consultation with Springfield-Greene County Health Department, SPS will monitor COVID-19 conditions during the summer and make any necessary modifications.