Academy of Exploration
The Academy of Exploration offers a unique learning environment for fifth grade students to explore the world around them through multiple lenses of science and exploration. Two teachers facilitate learning for a total of 40 students through curriculum with a focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Their school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) fourth-grade student, or any non-SPS fourth-grade student who lives within the SPS attendance area, is eligible to apply.
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Transportation may be provided depending on driver shortage.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.