About Future Educators
The Future Educator (FE) Program in Springfield Public Schools will help the District actualize its diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities by recruiting, hiring, and retaining educators from underrepresented and under-resourced backgrounds.
The district defines these groups as the following, but not limited to:
- Students of Color, in terms of domestic and international racial and ethnic identities
- Students with Disabilities
- English Language Learners who receive services
- LGBTQ+ Students
- Students who receive FREE and REDUCED Lunch
- Students who receive McKinney-Vento Services
- Students from diverse religious backgrounds and belief systems
The program is designed for identified students at our partner institution(s) who are interested in pursuing careers in education. Components of the program include financial assistance, auxiliary programming, mentor support and job placement assistance upon successful completion of all requirements for certification and criteria of the program. It is our intent that applicants for the FE program be recruited for careers in education from graduates of education related degree programs.