The Office of Equity & Diversity leads professional learning and training opportunities for the district focused on key topics such as equity, anti-racism, identity, cultural consciousness and social justice.
Trainings include some of the following:
- The annual fall Districtwide Equity Training
- The annual spring Senior Leadership Development Series
- Various learning opportunities for the Executive Leadership and Senior Leadership Teams
- Staff in the office also provide professional learning for individual sites or departments who request training which can be tailored to the needs of staff
- Equity Champions quarterly trainings
- External community learning
The Office of Equity & Diversity also manages and supports the work of Equity Champions which are professional staff members within the site-buildings who are tasked with leading and deploying equity initiatives which include sustaining a learning environment that supports equity and diversity through the development of staff, enhancement of academic and personal supports of underrepresented and under-resourced students, the promotion of cultural enrichment and commitment to inclusion. The Office of Equity & Diversity also lead and facilitate quarterly trainings for Equity Champions to develop their skills, their sense of identity and self as well as deepen their cultural consciousness.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact our Executive Secretary, Lisa Searles, via email or call our office directly:
Lisa Searles, Executive Secretary
Office of Equity & Diversity