Workforce Development Initiatives
What is SPS's plan to develop and diversify it's workforce?
- Creating a more robust diverse workforce aimed at recruitment, hiring, retention and training.
- Develop relationships with University Chief Diversity Officers and other relevant staff to market Springfield Public Schools effieciently and enhance opportunities for recruitment with special networking events and job/career fairs.
- Explore options for additional ways to expand recruitment and hiring efforts outside of traditional ventures.
- Devlope ways to infuse equity and diversity into the application and interview process.
- Build relatiionships with Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) in addition to other Top Tier Education Institutions to increase recruitment efforts.
- Analyze retention of diverse teachers as well as staff and leaders by tracking demographics of new hires and current employees and their professional trajectory within the district.
Jimi Sode (He, Him, His)
Coordinator III - Equity & Diversity, Workforce Development, Office of Equity & Diversity
Springfield Public Schools
Jimi Sode is the Coordinator III of Equity & Diversity - Workforce Development at Springfield Public Schools (SPS) where his primary focus is to help create a more robust diverse workforce reflective of the identities and culture of students in SPS schools. Jimi also is responsible for developing and overseeing a "grow your own" program to support quailified diverse individuals seeking educator credentials and employment opportunities within the district. Jimi is still in his first year with SPS, having served at Missouri State University for the past 4 years, working with diversity recruitment. Jimi is a St Louis native, graduating from Parkway North High School in 2006. Jimi received his Bachelor of Science degree from Pittsburg State University and his Masters of Science degree from Missouri State University.