The Student Access and Opportunity Department manages and supports the work of Student Access Champions, which are professional staff members within the site-buildings. Champions are tasked with leading and deploying student advocacy initiatives that supports:
- accessibility and opportunity through the development of staff.
- enhancement of academic and personal supports of underrepresented and under-resourced students.
- the promotion of cultural enrichment and commitment to inclusion.
The Student Access and Opportunity Department also leads and facilitates quarterly meetings for Student Access Champions to receive strategies and tools focused on helping students succeed.
- Each site has a dedicated Student Access champion to lead and drive strategic initiatives for students and staff. Some initiatives include professional learning opportunities, cultural and inclusive programming and field experiences focused on cultural and academic enrichment.
- Provides resources and supports to students and families.