Bus transportation will be available to eligible students but due to social distancing recommendations, it is highly recommended that students/families provide their own transportation. Students at higher risk of illness from COVID-19, as well as students with special needs who may not wear facial coverings, are strongly encouraged to use alternate forms of transportation, if possible. Students eligible for busing should receive an email with a link to a form to opt-in for transportation. The form must be completed by Thursday, July 31, 2020 to receive transportation on the first day of school. If you did not receive the link to the form and you believe you are eligible for transportation, please call 523-0500 prior to July 31, 2020.
Last updated on July 23, 2020
Important Information for Bus Riders
To receive transportation on the first day of school, parents must pre-register eligible students for bus service by July 31.
- All bus riders must wear face coverings/masks, which will be provided if needed.
- Students will be required to maintain their mask and keep it with them during the school day.
- Students will be assigned seats on all routes, limiting the number of students per seat.
- Family members will be seated together.
- Bus drivers will seat students based on pick up order. Students picked up first should immediately move to the back of the bus.
- Buses will travel with some windows down to increase air circulation.
- Buses will be appropriately cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected between routes.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all routes.
- Any student who exhibits obvious symptoms will be isolated on the bus and a parent/guardian will be contacted.
- Transportation will review the number of students per stop and limit the number when possible.
*Reduced bus routes may be necessary at times due to illness that may affect staff.