- Successfully complete tutor training prior to working in a classroom.
- Provide your own reliable transportation to and from tutoring sites other than Parkview.
- Properly check in and out of each tutoring session (in A+ Office and/or at the tutoring site).
- Accurately complete the tutoring log and get teacher's signature at end of each session.
- Be honest when calculating the number of minutes spent tutoring each session; don’t just count check‐in/check‐out times.
- Return tutoring logs and assignments on time to the A+ Office.
- Be on time arriving at assigned tutoring site and returning to PHS.
- If you must be absent from a tutoring session, contact the A+ office and the cooperating teacher before the tutoring session.
- Follow district dress code.
- Work with tutee(s) in positive, upbeat way; be a good role model.
- Work with cooperating teacher to determine which students need assistance, tasks to be accomplished and appropriate rewards to be given for tutee's accomplishments.
- Accept constructive criticism from cooperating and supervising teachers.
- Maintain good citizenship, good attendance and good grades.
- Provide tutoring opportunities during each session.
- Give clear directions to tutors about expectations and goals for tutor and tutee(s).
- Provide an appropriate place for tutoring to occur (in which a certified teacher is present).
- Encourage and support tutors.
- Address concerns (if they occur) with the tutor.
- Contact the A+ Coordinator if concerns persist.
- Sign tutoring logs at the end of each session verifying the tutor's times of arrival and departure as well as number of minutes spent tutoring.
- Complete evaluation form at the end of each semester.
- Assist in determining the tutor’s grades for the course.
Supervising Teacher (A+ Coordinator):
- Conduct training sessions.
- Verify that training has successfully been completed.
- Assist in finding tutoring placements for the tutors.
- Supervise tutors throughout the semester.
- Serve as mediator between tutor and cooperating teacher as needed.
- Verify attendance at each tutoring session.
- Keep record system of number of hours completed by each tutor.
- Send verification to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education of completion of all 50 hours of tutoring.