Illness and Injury
(According to Springfield Public Schools 2017-2018 School Handbook)
A student should not be in attendance and will be sent home with any of the following:
- Temperature (orally) 100 degrees or more, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If sent home from school with any of these symptoms, student must remain at home for the full school day following day dismissed. In addition, student must be free of above symptom(s) without administration of any fever reducing medications or other medication to relieve symptom(s) for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Symptoms related to possible communicable diseases (skin rashes, redness of eyes, swollen glands, etc.)
- Excessive drainage from eyes, ears, persistent earache, constant cough; or painful sore throat accompanied by enlarged lymph nodes.
- Students with (or having the potential to transmit) an acute infectious disease or parasite.
- Head lice and /or nits.
Students returning to school after injury, including concussion or surgery with crutches, casts or slings should present physician release to return to school along with any modifications or accommodations that need to be made.
If you have any questions regarding your child's attendance, please feel free to contact me.
Nurse Wisdom (417) 523-4100, firstname.lastname@example.org