Holland Elementary School is a neighborhood school where students, parents and teachers know one another by name. Being a smaller school gives us the ability to help our students feel safe and supported.
- Parent and community involvement is strong at Holland. Many volunteers from both the community and surrounding neighborhood contribute their time at Holland each month. Our Partners in Education include Southminster Presbyterian Church, Messiah Lutheran Church, Sunset Church of Christ, Brentwood Library and Rick's Automotive.
- Title I funding provides additional resources for teachers and students. Reading specialists work one-on-one with students and use the push-in model to assist classes with reading.
- We are a literacy model school with a full-time literacy coach to work with students and teachers. We use the Response to Intervention model to provide interventions before special education is considered. We have a schoolwide behavior program called Hawk P.R.I.D.E., which recognizes students for character traits they exhibit.
- Holland has a Wonder Years pre-kindergarten classroom for students who are 4 years old and live in a Title I area.
Our mission is to promote the academic, social and emotional development of each child in a safe environment.
The Holland community is expected to collaborate as productive, global citizens engaged in continuous learning, acceptance of individual differences and stewardship of our Earth.
As a staff committed to excellence for all of our students we will:
- Help students to be reflective, responsible, independent thinkers
- Work collaboratively to monitor progress and adjust instruction
- Foster a safe learning community that values Politeness, Respect,
Integrity, Discipline and Effort (Hawk PRIDE)
- Encourage families to be active in the school learning community
- Model stewardship of our school, community and Earth
View our PBS Matrix to see how Hawk PRIDE behavior can be demonstrated in different school settings.