PTA Mission Statement
The mission of the National PTA is three-fold:
To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purposes of PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into close relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Benefits of PTA
As a PTA member, you are an independent, self-governing organization where all members have a voice. Schools, school districts, or school boards do not control you. You have the opportunity to work together to decide on programs and projects to benefit children.
As a PTA member, you have access to leadership training, excellent speakers, and networking with other PTAs just like you at the annual convention and leadership training conference. You have access to a network of knowledgeable people to assist you in your growth and development. Whether you have questions about fund raising, liability insurance, IRS forms, parliamentary procedure, or programs, we are here to help you.
Your membership gives Missouri PTA and National PTA more clout when speaking to legislators on behalf of children.
Disney is pleased to again be partnering with Weller Elementary to provide their school with gently used clothes or toys. We will accept your donations right away and through the remainder of the school year. As you find your children have outgrown clothes, books, or toys, please send or bring these items to Disney! Your generosity will be greatly appreciated!!