Delaware Elementary School, located in the southeast part of Springfield, was built in 1951. Delaware was named after the street on which it was built.
1951 Originally 12 classrooms and a multipurpose room. 25,952 sq. ft.
1956 First addition added 5 classrooms. 6,663 sq. ft. Playground updated to include accessible equipment.
1992 Second addition provided learning resource center and a computer lab. 7,489 sq. ft.