About Our School
Bowerman Elementary School, founded in 1906, was named for Milton Bowerman. He served as judge of the Greene County Court and was a member of the school board for 38 years and as its secretary for 37 years. The original four-room structure at Grand and High was used from 1906 to 1930 and was torn down in 1930 when the present Bowerman School was constructed. The school was then relocated to its current location at Douglas and High. In 1992, Bowerman underwent a building addition including several classrooms and a library. Bowerman was and still is a beautiful, two-story brick building where design elements from the past still live on.