Thursday, January 16, 2020
- If you are interested in marching with Kickapoo in the MLK Jr. March on Jan 20th please see Mrs. Moran in the counseling center. There is no school that day, but transportation may be available. The march begins at 9:00 am at Mediacom Ice Park.
- Interested in running for Student Body President or Vice President? There will be a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, January 28th, at either 7:30 a.m. or 2:55 p.m. in room 109.
FROM THE COUNSELORS:
- Attention Junior Boys and Girls. Missouri Boys and Girls State applications are due this Friday. Please turn in to Mr. Billy in the counseling department.
- Interested in a 5 week ACT Prep Class to help prepare for the April 4th test? Visit the counseling center for more information!
- Attention Outstanding Juniors- The Coolidge Scholarship for America is a FULL-RIDE scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room & board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. The scholarship may be used at any accredited U.S. college or university. Scholars are selected primarily on academic excellence. Secondary criteria include: interest in public policy, appreciation for the values President Coolidge championed, as well as humility and service. Any high school junior is eligible to apply and entries must be submitted by January 16, 2020. For more information, including the application, visit Coolidgescholars.org.
- A free ACT practice test for students will be held at the Schweitzer Brentwood Branch Library on Saturday, January 18, from 9-12:30 pm. To register visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-act-practice-test-tickets-85425637381
- Medical Explorers allows students to observe and experience a variety of areas in the medical field throughout CoxHealth’s facilities. Applications for Spring 2020 will be accepted until Saturday January 18, and a come and go open house will be held the same day, from 9 am-noon at Cox South. For more information visit the Counseling Center.
- Attention any student that is interested in the Mercy Medical Explorers… A REQUIRED orientation is being held Tuesday Jan. 28th at 5:30 pm at Mercy Hospital Springfield. For more information on the event, visit the counseling center today!
- Attention academically high-achieving female students who will be entering 11th or 12th grade in the fall of 2020… The Joyce Ivy Foundation is offering scholarships for students to participate in summer academic programs. Courses are two weeks or longer in length, and in some cases students are eligible to receive college credit. To view a list of program partners and for more information visit joyceivyfoundation.org. Applications are available now and are due March 1, 2020.
College and Military Lunch Visits:
Thursday, January 16 = Columbia University
Wednesday, January 22 = Baptist Bible College
Thursday, January 23 = UMKC
Tuesday, January 28 = University of Central Arkansas
- Youth Alive meets every Thursday before school in room 226 at 7:20 a.m
- FBLA will meet this Thursday before or after school to discuss district competition at MSU and upcoming volunteer opportunities. Members who competed need to attend this meeting for important district competition information.
- Physics Club will meet Thursday after school in room S203. .
- GSTA will meet every Thursday after school in room 116.
- RPG meets Thursday after school in room 218.
- Science Olympiad meets every Thursday after school in room S105.
- Scholar Bowl meets every Friday before school at 7:30 a.m. in room 230.
- Drama Club meets every Friday after school in the PAC.
- SMASH Club meets every Friday after school in room 213.
- Movie club will be meeting on Tuesday, January 21st right after school. We will be watching Kingsman and having popcorn. It’s never too late to join us.
- Youth Alive, Room 226, 7:20 am
- FBLA, Room 235, 7:20 am & 2:50 pm
- Physics Club, Room S203, 2:50 pm
- GSTA, Room 116, 2:50 pm
- RPG, Room 218, 2:50 pm
- Science Olympiad, Room S105, 2:50 pm
- Girls Basketball vs. Parkview @ KHS, 4:30 pm
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Ellie Facklam, Alexis Simpson, Ayvan Tran, Dalton Wallace, Baylie Williams
You Share Your Birthday With:
Thought For The Day:
We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. –Maya Angelou