Thursday, February 22, 2024
• If you are a current sophomore or junior and love learning about conservation you might be interested in the GLADE program. GLADE participants will stay at the Childress Camp near Joplin, and will engage in leadership activities, prairie walks, fire ecology, bird banding, reptile and insect research, habitat restoration, water quality monitoring, and bumble bee surveys at the historic Diamond Prairie and George Washington Carver National Monument. Go see one of your science teachers to learn more about this weeklong, free summer opportunity!
• Peer Mediator applications will be available beginning Friday 2/23 and due March 7. If you are a problem solver, a great listener, and can keep things confidential, think about trying out to be a Peer Mediator! Come talk to Ms. Bernhard in S102 or a current mediator to get information. Applications will be in S102 this Friday!
• Yearbook Updates: Yearbooks are on sale now at Jostens.com! $50 each. Price will increase to $55 March 8th. The last day to pre-order online and guaranty a yearbook is March 17th. If you plan to pay cash or check, last day to do so will be Thursday, March 7th.
• If you have not yet ordered your cap, gown & graduation announcements, please do so as soon as possible! Packets are available in the Counseling Center or Main office. You can mail your order to Jostens or order online through Josten’s. Information and links can be found at our website kickapoochiefs.org
• Seniors are you interested in being on Prom Committee? Prom Committee Application is now available online. Please fill out the form to apply. https://forms.gle/9xXeLzbiiFXSRvsu7 Applications are due by Friday.
• There will be a short meeting today immediately after school in the second weight room for anyone attending the Powerlifting Meet at Rogersville tomorrow.
• Spring Sports will begin on Monday, February 26. Be sure to have all your paperwork and physical turned in to Ms. Bricker in the Athletic office prior to this date.
College/University and Military Visits
Tuesday, February 27 – Air Force National Guard
Thursday, February 29 – Oklahoma Christian University
From the Counselors
• Sophomores! Josten’s will be here on Friday, 9:15 a.m., to share information on Class Rings. Order Day will be Wednesday, February 28 during 3rd block.
• The ASVAB Career Exploration Program an assessment that helps students discover their strengths and interests so they may map out post-secondary plans that work for them. The ASVAB will be offered on Thursday, February 29th. All students are required to have an ACT or ASVAB score on file to graduate. If you are a junior or senior and would like to take the ASVAB sign-up in the Main Office or Counseling Center.
• Woodworking Club meets every Monday and Wednesday after school in room 134.
• The Creative Writer’s workshop meets every Monday in room 107 from 3:15 to 3:45. Come join us as we share our own writings, and sharpen our writing skills with various prompts.
• RPG meets every Tuesday in room 218 after school.
• Chess Club will meet every Tuesday in room 120 after school.
• Democracy in Action will meet Wednesday after school in room 225. If you’re interested in discussing current events and politics with your peers, stop by.
• First Priority Club meets every Thursday morning in Mrs. Fink’s room, 226, at 7:30 a.m. This club is for any Christian who wants to see change happen in our community. All are welcome and all can be part.
• Youth Alive meets every Thursday after school in room 226.
• FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) will meet every Friday morning before school at 7:30 a.m. in the PAC. All students are welcome to come and join!
1. First Priority Club, Room 226, 7:30 am
2. Youth Alive, Room 226, 3:15 pm
3. JV/V Girls Basketball vs. Rolla @ KHS, 6:00 pm
Kambell King, Delaney McCormick, Michael Morris, Talan Rice, Victoria Shay, Aiden Simpson
Thought of the Day:
Be there for others but never leave yourself behind.