Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Chiefs Ceremonial – “Up in the Clouds” – Friday, October 4th:
- Chiefs Ceremonial Assembly – KHS Gymnasium, Thursday, October 3rd.
- Chiefs Ceremonial Game – KHS vs. Glendale, kick-off at 7:00 p.m. Thursday, October 3rd.
- Chiefs Ceremonial Dance - Friday, October 4th, 8:00-10:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $10 each and shirts $5 each. Tickets will be sold during 3rd block lunch times on Friday, September 27th – Wednesday, October 2nd. Tickets will be sold on Thursday, October 3rd and Friday, October 4th for $15. Buy your tickets early to save some money! No sales will be made after 1:15 on Friday, October 4th. Plan ahead and buy your ticket early.
- Dance Guest forms are available in the Main Office and must be returned signed to Mrs. Hunsaker prior to purchasing your tickets.
- All fines and fees need to be paid before purchasing tickets. See the Financial Office.
- You MUST be in attendance all day Friday, October 4th in order to attend the dance that night. If you have an appointment scheduled that day, it needs to be rescheduled. If it cannot be rescheduled, then your parent must contact Mrs. Hunsaker to obtain prior approval for your absence by Thursday, October 3rd.
- Friday Spirit Day = Western
- Food for Fines is kicking off in the library from now until October 25th. Each item brought in will equal waiving $1 in library fees waived. Donated items will be counted for the Ozark Food Harvest Fall Food Drive at KHS. This is a great time to clear those fees before Homecoming week!
- Yearbooks are for sale now at Jostens.com! We prefer you to buy online but we will accept cash or check in room 201.
- Student Free flu shot clinic at KHS will be held Monday, October 7th starting at 8:00 in the library. Consent forms can be obtained in the Main Office, on the KHS website, or by speaking to one of the nurses.
- It is time for the ACE Mentoring Program if any student is interested or thinks they might be interested in Construction/Engineering/ Architecture this is a great opportunity to network with some key contacts down town. Contact Mr. Wilkerson or Mr. Reed if interested.
FROM THE COUNSELORS:
- Mercy Medical Explorers invites you to join our clinical observation/interacting program at Mercy Hospital. This is a great way to explore the healthcare field as students get to sign up for shadowing rotations throughout the hospital. Mercy will be holding a mandatory orientation night on September 24, at 5 pm. Visit the counseling center for more information on how to become a Mercy Medical Explorer!
- Thursday, Sept 26th from 9AM-3PM, Missouri State will be hosting MSU’s Majors Fair 2019. This is a great opportunity for students to learn more about majors and academic departments at MSU. Students can register online at missouristate.edu/admissions/visitcampus.htm or by calling 836-6614.
- ATTENTION SOPHOMORES - Are you interested in attending Middle College or the Career Center as a Junior or Senior? Want to know more about the Careers and Technical Trades available to you? EXPLORE OTC on Friday, September 27, is the perfect opportunity for a hands on experience and to see all OTC has to offer! Visit the Counseling Center today for more information on signing up.
- Interested in studying architecture at Drury? Architecture Day is the perfect time to meet our architecture faculty and students, tour the campus, and experience studio life first-hand through a design project led by Architecture students. For more information on this all day event, visit the counseling center.
- We have a student in need of a ride to school. The student lives near the intersection of Weaver and Cox. Please see Mrs. Busboom in the Counseling Office if you may be able to provide a ride.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors… Askinosie Chocolate and Drury University have partnered to offer a program in hopes of inspiring young students to become global thinkers and realize small businesses can offer solutions to the world’s problems. The Chocolate University experience involves small business entrepreneurship, direct trade in the international cocoa industry, community development work, and exploration of students’ plans and goals. Students will spend a week on the Drury campus, then embark on an international trip to remote southwestern Tanzania. Online applications for the Chocolate University Summer 2020 trip are now open through Sept. 30. For more information visit the counseling center today.
- Another FREE Community ACT Practice Test is being offered at Schweitzer Brentwood Branch Library from 9am-1pm on Saturday, Nov 23. For more information on how to reserve your seat, see the board in the Counseling Center today!
COLLEGE AND MILITARY LUNCH VISITS:
Wednesday, September 25 = OSU
Thursday, September 26 = University of MO
Friday, September 27 = SBU
Monday, September 30 = Emporia State
- Drama Club will NOT meet this Friday, September 20.
- All those interested in joining the eSports club please attend the informational meeting on September 25 after school in S103. If you are unable to attend please see Coach Cannella in room S103 before then.
- Spanish Club: Interested in Hispanic culture, games, movies and language?! Please join Spanish club in Ms. Wyrick’s room #205 by September 27th. Everyone is welcome to join.
- Spanish Honor Society: All current Spanish club members who are juniors and who have completed 3 levels of Spanish are eligible to join Spanish Honor Society. Please see Ms. Wyrick in #205 for applications. Deadline to join is September 27th.
- FCA meets every Wednesday before school at 7:15 a.m. in the old auditorium.
- Key Club will meet Wednesday after school in room 108.
- DECA will have an informational meeting Wednesday MORNING only! Please join us at 7:25 a.m. in room 214. Info about dues, trips and community service to share. If you would like to reserve your spot for Fall Leadership Conference to Branson, see Mrs. Posegate today!!
- FCCLA will meet Wednesday after school in room 102.
- Youth Alive meets every Thursday before school at 7:15 a.m. in room 226.
- Art Club meets every Thursday after school in room 125. Artists and non-artists are welcome to join to explore your skills and creativity. Stop by and join us!
- GSTA meets every Thursday after school in room 116.
- RPG will meet Thursday after school in room 218.
- Chess Club will meet Thursday after school in room S203.
- FBLA will meet Thursday before school at 7:20 a.m. and after school in room 235.
- FCA, Old Auditorium, 7:15 a.m.
- DECA, Room 214, 7:25 a.m.
- Key Club, Room 108, 2:50 pm
- FCCLA, Room 102, 2:50 pm
- Girls Tennis vs. Parkview @ Gillenwaters, 4:00 pm
- V/JV Softball vs. Nixa @ KHS, 4:30 pm
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Nicholas Eby, Braden Mount
You Share Your Birthday With:
Thought For The Day:
Change your thoughts and change your world. –Norman Vincent Peale