Monday, March 25, 2019
- Don’t forget, the ASVAB is tomorrow morning in the upper gym at 7:50. Any 10-12 grade student who would like to take the test but is not on the required list, may still sign up to take it by coming to the counseling center TODAY.
- Attention all students interested in working in the entertainment, writing, film, or theater industry! Come see our guest speaker, Nathan Shelton, resident director at Springfield Contemporary theater, during PLT Tuesday March 26th. Mr. Shelton is known professionally as an actor, writer, director, and special effects/monster makeup artist and will be here Tuesday's PLT discussing being a working professional in the industry.
- KHS male beauty pageant “Kickapoo’s got Talent” is Thursday at 9:00. Tickets are on sale Monday-Wednesday during lunch for $5. You must have a permission form signed by your 1st & 2nd block teachers before you can purchase a ticket. They are available in the main office & room 109. All proceeds go to Mrs. Barron’s ALS Foundation.
- Seeking students who are interested in serving the student body as a Chief Mentor! Current sophomores & juniors who would like to help in the academic labs during PLT next year need to apply. Applications can be picked up in the A+ office and are due to Mrs. Harris no later than Friday, March 29th.
- Kickapoo University sophomores, juniors, and seniors, we will be taking a field trip to the Library Center on South Campbell on Friday, March 29th from 12:15 to 2:45 in the afternoon. The Better Business Bureau is sponsoring a Car Care Day for Teens event. Students will learn how to change tires, change oil, and general car maintenance. This is a FREE event and prizes will be given out. If you are an interested student and would like to attend pick up a permission slip in Dr. Coffey's office ASAP. Space is limited so first come first serve.
- AP Calculus Study Sessions will be held with Mrs. Odom in room 230 after school through March 29th from 3:00-4:00. April 1 – May 14 from 3:00-5:00.
- Interested in running for class President or Vice-President? Paperwork is available in room 109.
- Want to run for Student Council? Paperwork can be picked up in room 109.
- Senior Recognition Day Program forms are due to the counseling office by Wednesday! All seniors need to fill out this form. If not received, your information will not be included in the program.
- Volunteerism Hours must be logged online and are due by Saturday, April 6th at 3:00 pm. No exceptions. ALL entries MUST be submitted on Canvas.
- Senior Class Meeting, Wednesday, April 10th during 2nd block PLT in the cafeteria. We will distribute information about graduation, Prom, Project Graduation, Senior Breakfast, senior surveys and other end of year events.
- All library materials for Seniors must be turned in by Thursday, April 18th.
- Jostens will be here on Wednesday, April 24th to distribute Caps & Gowns. Seniors must have all financial obligations met and have the cap and gown fee paid before you will receive your cap & gown.
Senior Prom 2019 – A Twinkle in Time
- Senior Prom is Friday, April 26th, 9:00-11:30 p.m. at Bass Pro White River Conference Center.
- Tickets will be on sale during lunch the week of Prom, April 22nd-26th. Cost is $40 each which includes admission to dance, appetizers/desserts/drinks, short-sleeved t-shirt and souvenir keychain. Professional photo packages available from LAMshots Photography.
- Dance guest forms are available in the main office and must be returned completed to Mrs. Hunsaker prior to purchasing a ticket.
- All fees and fines must be paid before purchasing tickets. See Mrs. Miller in the Financial Office to take care of those.
- You MUST be in attendance all day Friday, April 26th in order to attend the dance that night. If you have an appointment scheduled that day, it needs to be rescheduled! If it cannot be rescheduled, then your parent must contact Mrs. Hunsaker to obtain prior approval for your absence by Thursday, April 25th.
INFO FROM THE COUNSELORS!
- The Springfield Chamber of Commerce is looking for girls that are thinking or curious about a degree in Computer Science. On March 28th, from 10AM-1PM, a panel of women professional in this industry will be available to provide great advice and answer any questions you may have. RSVP to SARAHLADD62@GMAIL.COM
- Don’t miss the “Build My Future” Field Trip on April 17th! This is your opportunity to explore the many career opportunities in the construction industry including, engineering, welding, painting, concrete, etc, and much much more! Permission forms are available in the counseling office. You will not be added to the list until your permission form is returned. All permission forms are due by Friday, March 29th.
- Attention Juniors who are trying to get a head start on selecting a college = Missouri Southern State University is hosting a Discovery Day on April 5, from 10am-3pm. While on campus students will be able to meet with an Admissions counselor, take a tour of the University, talk with faculty and financial aid counselors, and enjoy a free lunch! For more information on how to register, visit the Counseling Center.
- The Salvation Army in Springfield is looking for local high school students to volunteer this summer as Counselor Interns. This program will help Counselor Interns build resumes as well as teach valuable job skills. This internship may be used to meet school volunteer requirements and there is no tuition fee for students accepted into the program. Applications are due May 1. Visit the Counseling office today for more information!
COLLEGE AND MILITARY LUNCH VISITS:
Wednesday, March 27 = Oklahoma State University
- Kare Team: Are you a current sophomore or junior that wants to help our students in need? Kare Team is looking for new members to help run the food pantry and help those in need. Applications are in the counseling center. Applications are due April 5th.
- Mu Alpha Theta will meet Monday after school in room 230.
- Card Club: Love to play card games?? Come to Card Club!! We meet every Monday after school in room S201.
- SMASH Club will meets every Monday and Friday after school in room 213.
- RPG meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school in room 218.
- Youth Alive: Come join Youth Alive every Tuesday after school from 3-4 p.m. in room 226.
- FCA meets every Wednesday morning in Room 136 at 7:15 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- GSTA will meet every Thursday after school in room 116.
- Art Club will meet every Thursday after school in room 125. Artists and non-artists are welcome to join to explore your skills and creativity. Stop by and join us!
- Environmental Club Don’t be mean, be green! Environmental Club meeting after school every Thursday in room S106.
- RPG meets Thursday after school in room 218.
- Scholar Bowl meets every Thursday after school in room 230.
- Scholar Bowl meets every Friday morning before school at 7:30 a.m. in room 230.
- Literature Club meets every Friday after school in the Library.
- SMASH Club will meet Friday after school in room 213.
- Mu Alpha Theta, Room 230, 2:50 pm
- Card Club, Room S201, 2:50 pm
- SMASH Club, Room 213, 2:50 pm
- JV/V Soccer vs. Republic @ Republic, 4:30 pm
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Sidney Howes, Landon Jett, Jadyn Jones, Corinne Lee, Ethan Toman
You Share Your Birthday With:
Big Sean, Sarah Jessica Parker, Casey Neistat
Quote for the Day:
Persistence and endurance will make you omnipotent. –Casey Neistat