Friday, September 22, 2023
Chiefs Ceremonial – “Midnight in Miami” – Friday, October 6th:
• Chiefs Ceremonial Assembly – KHS Gymnasium, Thursday, October 5th.
• Chiefs Ceremonial Game – KHS vs. Rolla, kick-off at 7:00 p.m. Friday, October 6th
• Chiefs Ceremonial Dance - Friday, October 6th, 9:30-11:30 p.m.
• Tickets are $10 each and will be sold during 3rd block lunch times on Monday, October 2nd – Wednesday, October 4th. Tickets will be sold on Thursday, October 5th and Friday, October 6th for $15 each. Buy your tickets early to save some money! No sales will be made after 1:30 on Friday, October 6th. Plan ahead and buy your ticket early.
• Dance Guest forms are available in the Main Office and must be returned signed to Ms. Bricker prior to purchasing your tickets.
• All fines and fees need to be paid before purchasing tickets. See the Financial Office.
• You must have 90% attendance and no OSS to purchase tickets.
• You MUST be in attendance all day Friday, October 6th in order to attend the dance that night. If you have an appointment scheduled that day, it needs to be rescheduled. If it cannot be rescheduled, then your parent must contact Mrs. Helfrecht to obtain prior approval for your absence by Thursday, October 5th.
• Next Friday’s game theme is = Western. KHS vs. Waynesville @ Waynesville, 7:00 p.m. Reminder, all students must wear their KHS school ID to all Friday night football games.
• Students, the Cox Caremobile is coming to KHS on Tuesday, September 26 to administer vaccines and sports physicals. All appointments require paperwork to be on file in the health office. Please see the nurse or the Kickapoo website for permission forms or additional information in scheduling a FREE appointment.
• Collegiate Day will be Thursday!! Staff – wear your alma mater, students – wear your favorite college shirt!!
• Yearbooks are on sale now at Jostens.com! $45 each. Order before September 23, price will increase to $50.
• Tutoring available every day after school in the library from 3:25-4:25. Students will check in and must stay the full time unless a parent or guardian signs them out.
• Students interested in participating in Archery this winter, come to an informational meeting, Monday, September 25th after school in the Library.
• Students! Please check your ID Badge!! If you purchased the athletic pass or the activity pass you should have a green or red stadium icon. If you do not have the icon and you have paid, you will need to get your ID reprinted. You must have this icon on your ID badge when you go to a game in order to get in without paying. If you need a reprint, stop by the Main Office and see Ms. Bricker to get this taken care of.
• Volunteer Hours accrued from May 1 – August 31, 2022 must be turned in through Canvas no later than September 30th. They will not be accepted late! Students are expected to turn in their hours as soon as they finish them. All students are enrolled in the Volunteerism Canvas Course. Students need to log in to Canvas, read the information and follow the directions to turn in their hours.
From the Counselors:
• SPS College & Career Fair Tuesday, October 3 @ Hillcrest High School, 5:00-7:00 p.m. There will be college representatives from all over the country there to talk about what their schools have to offer. There will be many local workforce and military branches as well. One lucky Kickapoo student who attends will win a brand new Chrome book just for attending, but you can’t win if you don’t attend! Also, this year, for the first time, we are also offering bussing from each high school to the college and career fair. If you would like to sign up for the bus check your canvas from message from Mrs. Moran with the google form.
• Drury Hammons School of Architecture Day on October 6. Join us on October 6 and experience Drury’s unique Architecture program the way students do: work in the design studio, meet current students and chat with professors. Participate in a hands-on design project with other future architecture majors while also learning about the curriculum, studying abroad, financial aid and housing. Reserve your spot by October 1. QR code to register can be found in the Counseling Office or https://apply.drury.edu/register/?id=378d4d4b-c65d-4d70-9e1e-2cf932c2dd05
• Deadline for the October 28 ACT Testing will be Friday, September 22.
College/University & Military Lunch Visits:
Friday September 22 – University of Missouri
Monday, September 25 – University of Central Missouri
Thursday, October 5 – Evangel University
Wednesday, October 11 – Missouri State University
Wednesday, October 25 – Oklahoma State University
From the Librarians:
• Students if you need to request a Chromebook repair you’ll need to complete the Repair Request Form. If you can’t fill it out yourself, have a friend or teacher complete it for you on their device. The form is located in the Tribe Talk course in Canvas. The Librarians will then contact your teacher and have you come to the library. Some fixes can be done without coming like a password reset. We’ll message you back in Canvas or call your class if needed.
• At this time we will not be loaning Chromebooks out for those who forget theirs at home. If you need to charge your device, teachers will have a charger in their classrooms.
• Join FCA for See You At The Pole, Wednesday, September 27th, 8:00-8:30 a.m. flag pole by the main entrance. All are welcome to join.
• Chess Club will be hosting open play Wednesday, September 27 after school until 4pm in the Library Classroom. This will also be an opportunity to complete member sign ups before official meetings begin the following week. Come and “Check” out the new Kickapoo Chess Club!
• NHS: Invitations to apply for NHS this school year are being sent through Canvas. If you are a sophomore, junior or senior with a cumulative GPA of at least 4.0/5.0 on a weighted scale and you are not yet a member of NHS, you will receive an invitation to join the “NHS Applicant” Canvas Course. You need to accept the invitation and once you do, you will find information about applying for NHS. Applications are to be submitted no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, September 27. Applications submitted after 5 pm Wednesday, September 27 will not be accepted, no exceptions. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)or see Mrs. Fink (room 226) BEFORE the deadline if you have any questions.
• Interested in joining a Social Studies honor society? Current juniors and seniors can apply to join Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society. Applications can be found in Mrs. Wells room (225) and due by September 29th.
• HOSA: Any student interested in joining HOSA needs to pick up a form outside of Mrs. Jansen’s room (s205). All past and new members will need to submit this form to join Kickapoo’s chapter. Deadline to join is end of September.
• SPANISH CLUB & SPANISH HONOR SOCIETY: Anyone interested in joining Spanish club, can go to the World Language hallway and check out the bulletin board with upcoming events and club information. There is a Spanish Club flyer posted there with the link to join. You can also talk to any of the Spanish teachers for additional help.
Link to join Spanish Club: tinyurl.com/KHS-SPN-24
• Creative Writing Workshop will be held every Monday in room 107 from 3:15-3:45. Come join us as we share our own writings, and sharpen our writing skills with various prompts.
• Woodworking Club meets every Monday and Wednesday after school in room 134.
• RPG meets every Tuesday in room 218 after school.
• Youth Alive meets every Thursday after school in room 226.
• FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) will meet every Friday morning before school at 7:30 a.m. in the PAC. All students are welcome to come and join!
1. University of Missouri Lunch Visit
2. Varsity Softball vs. Republic @ KHS, 3:00 pm
3. F/JV/V Boys Soccer vs. Carthage @ KHS, 4:30 pm
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Allyson Davis, Wyatt Dunnaway, Zaylie Foster, William Gregory, Grace Jones, Triston Morris, Liena Prutkova
Thought of the Day:
Whatever you are, be a good one.