- STUCO Blood Drive will be Monday. Sign up will be during lunch. You must be 16 years old to donate and have photo ID on the day that you donate.
- Attention all 9th – 11th grade athletes: Phillips will hold a meeting on Monday during PLT time in the PAC. Student Athletes must have permission from their 4th block teachers to attend
- Voices of Addiction” will be presented by Cox Hospital on Tuesday November 27th. This presentation will provide valuable information about opioids and other drugs, addiction, and recovery. The presenters would like to answer questions from students about any concerns you have about substance abuse. Please go to https://tinyurl.com/khsvoapresentation to submit your questions to the presenters by November 20th.
- All girls interested in playing soccer in the spring, please send an email to email@example.com to be added to the email list for upcoming meetings and information for the season.
- Students: As a reminder, if you have requested a parent to drop something off to you at school during the day, you need to stop by the office to check to see if it has arrived. We do not send notes or make calls to the classroom for you to come and retrieve items.
- The entrance for all winter sports is the East side entrance ONLY. You must enter through these doors and pay admission or show your pass to be admitted to the basketball games and wrestling matches. If you try to enter through another door, you will be instructed to go around to the East entrance.
Shoebox 4 Soldier Drive
It is that time of year for the annual Shoebox 4 Soldiers Drive! DECA is collecting boxes for the drive to support our troops who are still serving in active combat zones over the holiday season. The Kickapoo community has been a great support in this program over the years. Show our troops they are NOT forgotten, by supplying them with care packages. Suggested items to include is on a list on our website, Facebook or around the school, ask your teacher. Completed boxes are due to room 214 by November 20th.
- Attention Seniors: If you have made a decision about future plans after graduation, such as college choice, military, or career, please bring in your acceptance letter to the counseling center to take a picture for our decision wall.
- Senior Ads are due Thursday, December 20th – before you leave for Winter Break! Forms are available in Room 201 or in the main office. If you have questions, you may stop by room 201.
INFO FROM THE COUNSELORS!
- A student near Battlefield and South Dayton needs a ride to school this winter. If you can provide a ride, please see Mrs. Busboom in the Counseling Office.
- A student near Golden and Republic Road needs a ride home after school each day. If you can provide a ride. Please see Mrs. Wallace in the Counseling Office.
- Deadline to register for the February 9th ACT Testing is January 4th.
- Looking for a job??? Visit the Counseling office for a list of places that are hiring high school students!
- Get ready to imagine your future at Drury University’s second annual “IMAGINE” Conference on November 29th, 8:30am to 1:30 pm. Juniors and Seniors who will be the first generation of their family to attend college are invited to learn how to get into college, and how to persist and succeed in college and beyond! Free lunch, free information, and free swag! Visit the KHS Counseling Office for more information.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are interested in attending the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar (HOBY), please come by the COUNSELING CENTER to pick up an application. The seminar will be held June 7-9, 2019, at Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau for a cost of $225, and the application must be returned to the COUNSELING CENTER by November 30th. Only one student will be chosen to attend this great leadership seminar.
- Cox Health Medical Explorers Applications are now available in the Counseling Office for Spring of 2019.
Military and College Lunch Visits:
Monday, November 19th – Missouri Southern State University
Tuesday, November 20th - Marines
- 21 Chiefs' club members, if you are not receiving Remind101 messages, text @21chief to 81010 to rejoin the group for up to date announcements about upcoming events.
- Spanish Club will be Christmas caroling at Lakewood Nursing Home on Monday, December 3rd. Mandatory practices will be held Tuesday, November 27th and Thursday November 29th from 2:50pm - 3:10pm in Mrs. Nunez's room, room 207.
- Hola students, Spanish Club is offering an event for bringing in 10 pop top, canned foods by Friday, November 30th to Mrs. Stennett's room, room 211.
- Scholar Bowl meets every Friday morning before school at 7:30 a.m. in room 230.
- Literature Club meets every Friday after school in the Library.
- SMASH Club will meet Friday after school in room 213.
- Card Club: Love to play card games?? Come to Card Club!! We meet every Monday after school in room S201.
- French Club will meet Monday after school in room 206.
- SMASH Club will meets every Monday and Friday after school in room 213.
- Democracy In Action meets every Tuesday before school at 7:20 a.m. in room 223.
- RPG meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school in room 218.
- Youth Alive: Come join Youth Alive every Tuesday after school from 3-4 p.m. in room 226.
- Scholar Bowl, Room 230. 7:30 am
- Vaccination Clinic, Main Lobby, 8:00-9:00 am
- Literature Club, Library, 2:50 pm
- SMASH Club, Room 213, 2:50 pm
- Into the Woods Musical Performance, PAC, 7:00 pm
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Ryan Batt, Morgan Black, Ralph Haile III, Bryce Huff, Drew Phillips, Jet Reed, Chase Shipley
You Share Your Birthday With:
Mason Ramsey, Pete Davidson, Missi Pyle
Quote for the Day:
If you’re not having fun, it’s not worth doing. –Tommy Bolin
Lost and Found:
Clothes will stay in the Lost and Found until the end of the month. All clothes will be put out on a table, manned by Mrs. Cormack’s class, during lunch, the 2nd and last Friday of every month. Anything left after the 4th Friday will be taken to the PTA clothing bank. All clothes that are hung up or folded have been washed and all lunchboxes and water bottles get emptied and washed. Please do NOT put anything on the shelves or clothing rack. You can TAKE your belongings from there. J The weekly schedule is below.
Mondays 4th block – lost and found gets picked up and sorted
Tuesdays 1st block – clothes get washed and lost and found goes back out
Wednesdays 4th block – lost and found gets picked up and sorted
Thursdays 1st block – clothes get washed and lost and found goes back out
Fridays 3rd block – 2nd and 4th Fridays - lost and found table at lunch