Senior Headshot Due Date Requirements: The due date to submit senior headshot photos is November 1st. This year’s requirements for your photos are: Portrait must be from shoulders up and have a solid background. A 5.5 cm x 8 cm or WALLET sized photo. Portrait MUST be VERTICAL. Portrait must be black and white. If you need help, or have any questions regarding the requirements for your photo, please come to room 201.
INFO FROM THE COUNSELORS!
- The September Scholarship Bulletin is now available in the Counseling Center and online!
- Check out the Opportunities Board in the Counseling Center for job opportunities!
- Paul Mitchell National Open House Night, Tuesday, September 25, 6-8 p.m. at the Paul Mitchell School, 3017 S. Kansas Expressway. For more information contact Liz Lusk at 417/881-2110 ext 102. RSVP: paulmitchell.deu/national-open-house
- The Columbia College-Springfield Campus will be hosting FAFSA FRENZY events on October 1st and every Friday during the month of October. For more information visit the Counseling Center.
- SPS College & Career Fair will be on Tuesday, October 2nd from 5-7 p.m. at University Plaza. Come and visit with over 100 different vendors in the areas of college, career and military.
- Students and families are cordially invited to attend the Four States Regional College Fair, Wednesday, October 3, 2018 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m on the campus of Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, Missouri. Over 50 different Colleges, Universities and Technical Schools will be there to exhibit. Visit the Counseling Center for more information.
- Get free help completing the FAFSA on Thursday, October 25, 5-8 pm at the OTC Springfield Campus. Attend for a chance to win a scholarship! See the Counseling Center for more information.
September Military and College Lunch Visits:
Wednesday, September 19th - Pittsburg State
Thursday, September 20th – Good Shepard Hospice
Friday, September 21st – Mizzou
Wednesday, September 26th – USMC
Thursday, September 27th - Army
Golden Girl Poms: Come out and support the Golden Girls on Thursday, September 27th, 5-9 p.m. at Newk’s Eatery, 220 W. Battlefield. Come dine with us and we will donate a portion of your proceeds back to our community! Dine in or carry out!!
- RPG will not be meeting this week.
- Youth Alive and Scholar Bowl will not meet today after school.
- Mu Alpha Theta: MAT applications are available in room 230. This is the National Math Honor Society - students will need to have a 4.0 weighted GPA in mathematics, have taken or be enrolled in Trig/Math Analysis and be planning to take AP Calculus or AP Statistics in order to qualify.
- All students interested in joining Ping Pong Club there will be an informational meeting Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. in Coach Wilbur’s Room, S202.
- Spanish Club’s first event is a movie night on September 27th in the Library & Library Classroom. Go vote on the poll for which movie to watch @ KickapooSpanish on Twitter.
- Democracy In Action meets every Tuesday before school at 7:20 a.m. in room 223.
- FCA meets every Wednesday morning in Room 136 at 7:15 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- HOSA: Any student interested in joining HOSA AND competing needs to attend a competitors informational meeting in Mrs. Jansen's room (S205) before school on Wed Sept 19. The meeting will start at 7:15. Only those interested in competing need to attend this meeting!
- DECA will meet Wednesday before and after school in room 214.
- Key Club will meet Wednesday after school in room 108.
- FBLA will meet this Thursday to discuss upcoming trips like NFLC, SMLC, and the Career Day at SDC. We’ll also discuss upcoming volunteer and fundraising opportunities. It’s important that everyone who wants to be involved attend these meetings for important info and deadlines. It’s not too late to join FBLA, so come to our meeting on Thursday before or after school!
- GSTA will meet every Thursday after school in room 116.
- Environmental Club Don’t be mean, be green! Environmental Club meeting after school every Thursday in room S106.
- Scholar Bowl meets every Friday morning before school at 7:30 a.m. in room 230.
- Literature Club meets every Friday after school in the Library.
- Democracy in Action, Room 223, 7:20 am
- Girls Tennis Ozark Conference Match @ Cooper Courts, 8:00 am
- Girls Golf vs. Parkview/Hillcrest @ Horton Smith, 3:30 pm
No after school club meetings today!
Happy Birthday from STUCO:
Iran Coronado, Nicholas Eby, Braden Mount, Taylor Lee
You Share Your Birthday With:
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lance Armstrong, Barrett Foa
Thought For The Day:
Talent without working hard is nothing. –Cristiano Ronaldo