About Our School
Ed V. Williams Elementary School was constructed in 1930 and named after a local businessman and school board member.
History of Development:YearAdditionsCost1921Originally called "New Home,"
located at High and Hoffman.$50,710.001930
Building wrecked and replaced by new building at Kearney and Park. This building had 6 classrooms and was 12,532 square feet.1946New Home's site sold.1954
First addition of 2 classrooms adding & multipurpose room adding 6,500 square feet.$73,495.001967
Second addition of 1 kindergarten & 2 special purpose rooms adding 1,750 square feet.$31,627.001968Third addition of 4 classrooms adding 4,700 square feet.$76,081.001970
Fourth addition of 6 classrooms & 2 restrooms adding 7,488 square feet.$106,433.001990
Fifth addition of a learning resource center, 4 special purpose rooms and restrooms adding 7,488 square feet.$667,000.00