Morning Drop Off and Dismissal Procedures
Morning Drop Off
The earliest you may drop your child off each morning is 8:20 a.m. School starts at 8:50 a.m. Please do not drop your child off any earlier than 8:20 a.m. as there is no one available to supervise. Should you need childcare before that time, please review the before and after child care options available. There will be a crossing guard each morning to assist children/families who wish to cross the parking lot. All children will enter the gym doors and either eat breakfast (a staff member will help students to the cafeteria) or sit in a line next to their teacher's name in the gym.
If a parent has an appointment with a teacher or needs to visit the office, you must enter the building through the main entrance, check in and obtain a visitor sticker. The Prime Time door will be the only door unlocked in the morning from 8:20 a.m.-8:50 a.m. At 8:50 a.m., all doors will be locked and all visitors will need to use our buzzer system at the main entrance and check-in at the office. Upon approaching the main entrance, please press the button to the left of the door, look up at the camera in the left hand corner, say your name and the reason for your visit. The secretary will then ask you to enter through the LEFT door. Upon entering the building, you will communicate with Melba through the window to your left and after obtaining a visitors pass, will be allowed to enter through the 2nd set of doors. Please adhere to the following guidelines established for a smooth morning drop off:
- If you are the first car motioned through, please pull up to the sign that reads #1.
- If you are having an issue in your car and your child is not quite ready to get out, please pull all the way forward as soon as possible so you don’t hold up the line of traffic.
- For safety reasons, please avoid letting your child exit on the driver’s side of the car.
- It is fine for your child to exit the car east of the cafeteria entrance, if there is a line of cars ahead of you. This helps us unload many cars at a time.
- If you need to get out of the car on a regular basis to assist your child out, please consider pulling into the parking lot to drop your child off. You do not need to walk your child into the school; the crossing guard will be there to help your child cross safely.
- Pedestrians must use the crosswalk. This helps with traffic flow and sets a good example for our children and their safety.
Dismissal is at 3:35 p.m. ALL STUDENTS, except for PRIME TIME, will be walked to the cafeteria by the teachers. PRIME TIME students will go straight to the gym. Car riders and walkers will sit by class in the cafeteria and bus riders will form two lines along the wall near the west entrance. It is extremely important that cars pull all the way up to # 1 in order for us to load more students at a time. Please do not stop in front of the school and hold up the line. Attached to the mirror/visor should be a car tag with your child’s name on it (you will get your car tag at Meet the Teacher). As cars pull forward, staff will call out names and students will be excused in the following fashion: Sally Sue #1, Happy Heather #2, Fantastic Fred #3…etc. Parents are strongly encouraged to remain in the car line instead of parking and then walking up to pick up.
In order to improve the safety of students being picked up under the awning, every parent walking up will be asked to show their “dismissal tag” each day. You will receive your tag at Meet the Teacher. If you do decide to wait under the awning (near the cafeteria entrance) for your child, please stand under the awning with your pick-up tag so that we can verify you are the appropriate person to pick up your child. If you do not have your tag, you may be asked to show ID. Each family will receive 2 tags at Meet the Teacher that contain a “Sequiota stamp” and your child’s name. If you need additional tags, they will be available in the office.