Morning Drop Off and Dismissal Procedures
Morning Drop Off
The earliest you may drop your child off each morning is 6:45 a.m. School starts at 7:20a.m. Please do not drop your child off any earlier than 6:45 a.m. There is no one available to supervise your child prior to 6:45. s.
If a parent has an appointment with a teacher or needs to visit the office, you must enter the building through the main entrance, check in and obtain a visitor sticker. At 7:20, all doors will be locked and all visitors will need to use our buzzer system at the main entrance and check-in at the office. Upon approaching the main entrance, please press the button to the left of the door, look up at the camera in the left hand corner, say your name and the reason for your visit. The secretary will then ask you to enter through the LEFT door. Upon entering the building, you will communicate with Ms. Sara through the window to your left and after obtaining a visitor's pass, will be allowed to enter through the 2nd set of doors. Please adhere to the following guidelines established for a smooth morning drop off:
- If you are the first car motioned through, please pull up to the sign that reads #1.
- If you are having an issue in your car and your child is not quite ready to get out, please pull all the way forward as soon as possible so you don’t hold up the line of traffic.
- For safety reasons, please avoid letting your child exit on the driver’s side of the car.
- It is fine for your child to exit the car east of the cafeteria entrance, if there is a line of cars ahead of you. This helps us unload many cars at a time.
- If you need to get out of the car on a regular basis to assist your child out, please consider pulling into the parking lot to drop your child off. You do not need to walk your child into the school; the crossing guard will be there to help your child cross safely.
- Pedestrians must use the crosswalk. This helps with traffic flow and sets a good example for our children and their safety.
Dismissal is at 2:20 p.m. . Y Academy students will go straight to the gym. Car riders will be dismissed from their classrooms via walkie talkie. It is extremely important that cars pull all the way up to # 1 in order for us to load more students at a time. Please do not stop in front of the school and hold up the line. Attached to the mirror/visor should be a car tag with your child’s name on it (car tags are distributed upon enrollment or at the beginning of the year). As cars pull forward, staff will call out names and students will be excused in the following fashion: Sally Sue #1, Happy Heather #2, Fantastic Fred #3…etc. Parents are to remain in the car. If you need to help your child buckle in, please pull into a parking space.
The walk-up blue card system has been reinstated this year. The basket will be placed outside the cafeteria doors at 1:45 and will be collected as soon as the bell rings at 2:20. If you arrive after the bell has rung, you will need to join car line.
If you do not have your tag, you may be asked to show ID. Each family will receive 2 tags that contain a “Sequiota stamp” and your child’s name. If you need additional tags, they will be available in the office.