Parents as Teachers
A free, voluntary program that serves families with children from prenatal to kindergarten entry. Based on home visits and screenings, the number of visits offered varies family to family. Every child is offered a developmental screening once per year. All Parent Educators are SPS employees and have had extensive background checks. Group connections and access to a resource network are other benefits of participating in the program.
- Deana Belote
- Leslie Berry
- Whitney Bryant
- Laura Butler
- Stacy Coiner
- Amanda Coleman
- Cheryl Covey-Huffman
- Lisa Cozby
- Caitlin Culleny
- Cheryl Day
- Kristi Delp
- Angel Eakins
- Danielle Edwards
- Carla Godfrey
- Jenny Hill
- Robin Hopkins
- Lacey Hufford
- Mallori Hunt
- Marti Isbell
- Lindsey Johnson
Please join in the fun at our SPS Parents As Teachers community events!
Click on the link to find out more information!
Playgroup is open birth to 5 years old!
Playgroup has added a new day and location!
Yoga! Join in this great activity!
Watch for more exciting events with Parents As Teachers!
Enrollment Process for Wonder Years
Your child must be four years old and reside in the Springfield Public Schools district.
1. Call the screening department at Shady Dell Early Childhood Center to schedule a preschool screening at (417)523-1333.
2. Go online and complete the Early Childhood Interest Form. Click EARLY CHILDHOOD INTEREST FORM to complete the form.
3. Complete the Springfield Public School Online Enrollment Form. SPS ONLINE ENROLLMENT
4. Bring your child's immunization record, birth certificate, and proof of residency with you to the screening appointment.
5. During the screening appointment, you will complete registration paperwork.
6. Complete the Household Income Survey. Household Income Survey
If your child qualifies for placement, you will receive an email with further instructions.
If you child does not qualify, you will also receive an email.
Shady Dell Early Childhood Center, 2757 E. Division, Springfield MO 65803 (Screening Location)
Screening: (417) 523-1300
Campbell Early Childhood Center, 506 S. Grant, Springfield MO 65806 (Main Office)
Phone: (417) 523-1160
Fax: (417) 523-1395