Health Sciences Academy @Mercy
Health Sciences Academy is a unique learning opportunity housed within Mercy Hospital for 50 Springfield Public Schools eighth-grade students. Students spend their year at Mercy learning through the lens of health sciences in a specially designed state of the art classroom facilities. This unique learning environment includes hands-on application and exposure to the many pathways of study and careers in the field of health sciences. Their school day starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m.
Who is Eligible?
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) seventh-grade student, or any non-SPS seventh-grade student who lives within the SPS attendance area
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Families of selected students are responsible for transporting their child to and from school each day.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.
Christine Jones Coordinator of Summer Learning and Student Experiences
Kelsey Brabo Coordinator of Choice Programs and Student Experiences