Health Sciences Academy @Mercy
Health Sciences Academy is a unique learning opportunity housed within Mercy Hospital for 50 Springfield Public Schools eighth-grade students. Students spend their year at Mercy learning through the lens of health sciences in specially designed state of the art classroom facilities. Students attending the Health Sciences Academy will learn through a health lens utilizing partnerships and problem based learning. Students explore different careers, learn from professionals in the medical field as well as connect with, and impact their community. Their school day starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m.
Who is Eligible?
- Any Springfield Public Schools (SPS) seventh-grade student, or any non-SPS seventh-grade student who lives within the SPS attendance area
- Eligible students must have satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- Selected students will be identified through a lottery system.
- Families of selected students are responsible for transporting their child to and from school each day.
- Applications are accepted November-December each year.
Health Sciences Academy
Christine Jones Coordinator of Summer Learning and Student Experiences
Kelsey Brabo Coordinator of Choice Programs and Student Experiences