Springfield Public Schools will celebrate commencement August 6-7, 2020, at JQH Arena, located at 685 S. John Q. Hammons Parkway, on the campus of Missouri State University.
August 6, 2020
- Parkview High School - 12 p.m.
- Hillcrest High School - 4 p.m.
- Glendale High School - 8 p.m.
August 7, 2020
- Kickapoo High School - 3 p.m.
- Central High School - 7 p.m.
Health and Wellness Guidelines
Working in collaboration with the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and Missouri State University, SPS will implement the following health and wellness guidelines for the safety of our graduates and guests.
- To limit the crowd size and adhere to seating capacity limits, each graduate will be provided up to 8 tickets for guests. Each high school principal will send information by email regarding how and when to pick up tickets.
- Live streaming will be provided during each graduation ceremony to ensure that family and friends, who are unable to attend in person, are able to participate virtually. A DVD of the event ($35) can be order through Aug. 14. A digital download of the event ($25) will be available for purchase.
- Graduates will report to Hammons Student Center, adjacent to the JQH Arena, one hour before commencement, to line-up and receive instructions.
- Graduates will be required to wear a face mask at all times, with only two exceptions: their individual photo and diploma presentation. Springfield Public Schools will provide the mask for each graduate.
- Guests are asked to sit together in family units and are required to wear face masks per Springfield City Code, Chapter 58, Article XIII, Section 58-1102. Seating will not be assigned; however, some seating will be restricted in order to promote social distancing.
- To reduce personal contact, graduation programs Will NOT be distributed at the event. After graduation, a keepsake program will be mailed, along with the diploma, to each graduate.
Immediately following commencement on August 6 and 7, Project Graduation will be hosted in each high school gymnasium (Parkview at 2:30 p.m.; Hillcrest at 6:30 p.m.; Glendale at 10:00 p.m.; Kickapoo at 5:30 p.m.; and Central at 9:30 p.m.). This celebration at school will include prizes for graduates. Face masks and social distancing will be encouraged. The event will last approximately one hour and additional details will be provided by each high school.