Focus Area 5 - Equity and Diversity
Create and sustain a learning environment that supports equity and diversity through the development of staff, expanding diverse workforce, enhancing academic supports and culturally relevant curriculum while promoting increased engagement and advocacy of underrepresented and under-resourced students.
- 5.1.1 Facilitate learning opportunities for staff and leaders that foster exploration of identity and self, and create applications to demonstrate cultural consciousness in their work.
- 5.1.2 Develop and deploy improved recruitment, collaboration and communication structures to enhance and diversify the workforce.
- 5.1.3 Review, improve and expand programming and services for under-resourced and underrepresented students.
- 5.1.4 Review and expand the curriculum to reflect student identities, lived experiences, cultural history and significant contributions.
- 5.1.5 Research, develop and deploy engagement and advocacy policy, practices, and programs that support students and staff, and foster greater community engagement.