What can SPS do to make our schools more welcoming to students and staff of all diverse backgrounds and identities?
Welcome to this equity and diversity exchange hosted by Springfield Public Schools.
SPS is engaging in a variety of efforts to gather input from employees, parents, students and community members about the work SPS is doing to create a culture that values diversity and is inclusive and respectful to everyone. We have formed the Equity and Diversity Advisory Council, which is currently meeting and will make recommendations in the next few months. You may read more about its work here.
As part of this work, we want to hear perspectives from diverse backgrounds regarding diversity, equity and inclusion at SPS. This input will inform the work of the advisory council and ensure that the data, feedback and research represents all voices in our community. Some examples of diverse backgrounds and identities include, but are not limited to, people of color, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, families of students eligible for free/reduced lunch, English language learners, diverse religious backgrounds, etc.
This exchange provides a community platform and we want to include you in the conversation. We hope you join us by offering your perspective.
Please take a moment to watch the short videos below and thank you for participating.
- This exchange is confidential. Your thoughts will be shared, but not your identity.
- If you see a thought that is rude, hurtful or identifies a person or group, you may report it by clicking in the upper right corner of the thought. All responses will be reviewed.
- You do not need to rate all thoughts in this exchange. It is appreciated and recommended to rate at least 30 thoughts over the time the exchange is open.
- If you disagree with a thought, please assign a low rating rather than removing it.
- Once you have shared your thoughts, you may then view and rate the thoughts of others and discover what's most important to your group.
- You may skip any thought by clicking in the upper right corner of the post.