Missouri Preschool Program
A tuition based pre-K academic program that prepares your child for kindergarten. The program emphasizes language development, literacy, math, and social interaction. Supplies are provided, however transportation is NOT provided.
1. Call the Office of School Readiness located in the Shady Dell Early Childhood Center to schedule a preschool screening at (417) 523-1300.
2. Bring in your child's immunization record, birth certificate, and proof of residency.
3. If your child is eligible, you will receive an enrollment packet or phone call in June. If your child's screening was completed after the school year begins, you will receive a phone call.
4. After completing and returning the enrollment packet to the Office of School Readiness, you will receive an acceptance letter or phone call by the end of June to verify your child's placement in the program. Eligible students completing screenings during the school year will be notified at that time.
Eligibility is based on the results of a developmental screening provided to children living in the Springfield Public Schools attendance area who will be three or four years-old before August 1 of the upcoming school year.
Students who do not qualify for early childhood special education services or Wonder Years will be considered first. Students will be placed on a waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
- Class will be held in Washington Ave. Baptist Church, 1722 N. National Ave.
- Weekly tuition fee. (Additional fee for before- and after-school care.)
- Participation in Parents as Teachers program required.
- Supplies are provided.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Schedule of days and hours, and student curriculum emulates the Wonder Years program.
- MPP classroom consist of 20 students and is part of the Missouri Preschool Program Grant.